Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Received My Rating Decision

Rate this question

bballr4567

Question

I just received my VA rating decision today.

I ETS'd 29 May 2009.

Ive got some questions on it.

I received 10% for tinnitus. Nothing for all my other claims which were, lower back pain with nerve involvement and numbness and right knee pain.

The main thing that stood out in my mind is that the VA sided with the predischarge physical DR. Now, that wouldnt be so bad except everything the DR told them was the exact opposite of what is/has happened.

With my back I have often leg spams, numbness/pain/burning in my right lateral thigh that is constant, and extreme tenderness over my lumbar spine. The DR said I had none of that when its documented very well in my active duty records.

With my knee he said I had no pain in the ROM, weakness, lack of endurance and incoordination with repetitive use. That is all wrong as well. I do expeirence pain during my whole ROM, my knee will buckle when climbing stairs or even walking sometimes and I have very little coordination if I do repetitive motions. If I have to climb more than a flight of stairs at a time, Im forced to use an elevator because it will give out. This again is in stark contrast with what I told him and is even documented in my active duty records as well.

I just received a CT scan on my knee approx a week ago due to it getting much worse. I have no received the results of that as of yet though.

The problem here is that apparently the VA has sided with the 5 minute physical that was rushed on a wednesday morning rather than years of prior records. I do plan to appeal the decision as its just insane that I got 10% for JUST tinnitus.

What should I do to prevent this from happening again? I seriously need help as my life has drastically changed due to my knee and back injury.

Josh

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet