Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Advance On Docket For Hardship

Rate this question

Dave1433

Question

I wondered if anyone has experience on how long it takes for the BVA to make a decision once a hearing is completed and the vet is granted his motion for an advance on the docket due to hardship? My initial claim is 6 years old and I just had my BVA hearing 2 weeks ago.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Appeal received May 2015

Up to date as of August 28, 2019, at 2:56 p.m. ET

1. May 16, 2014 – April 05, 2019

2. VA sent you a claim decision

on May 16, 2014

3. VA received your Notice of Disagreement

on May 12, 2015

4. VA sent you a Statement of the Case

on July 11, 2016

5. VA recieved your Form 9

on August 18, 2016

6. Your appeal was sent to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals

on August 28, 2017

7. You attended a hearing with a Veterans Law Judge

on April 05, 2019

Current status

Your appeal is waiting to be sent to a judge

Your appeal is at the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, waiting to be sent to a Veterans Law Judge. Staff at the Board will make sure your case is complete, accurate, and ready to be decided by a judge.

How long until a judge is ready for your appeal?

Your appeal is Advanced on the Docket. This could be because you are older than 75, because you are suffering a serious illness or are in financial distress, or for other sufficient cause.

Advanced on the Docket appeals are prioritized so that they’re always at the front of the line. Your appeal will be sent to a judge as soon as it’s ready for their review.

hardship.jpg

Well first you have to realize there are many others that

have also applied for advance due to either

1) advanced age

2) terminal illness

3) financial hardship

So there really is no way to provide any answer that is

anything more than speculation.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

The BVA already granted my application to advance it on the docket while I was at the BVA hearing. Does that mean it goes to the front of the pile but behind the other claims that have already been granted an advance on the docket? I know it may only be speculation but has anyone else heard how long claims take at the BVA once there is an advance on the docket?

• HadIt.com Elder

Dave,

What I have been hearing at all levels, RO, BVA, U.S. court, etc. is that everyone is doing hardship, congress pushes, etc. So when it boils down to it everyone is really in the same long order. What is your BVA docket date? I had a BVA docket date of July 2006 and they made a decision on March 2008. I'm sure you don't want to hear this but I'm just being honest.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

The BVA already granted my application to advance it on the docket while I was at the BVA hearing.

Does that mean it goes to the front of the pile but behind the other claims that have already been granted an advance on the docket?

I know it may only be speculation but has anyone else heard how long claims take at the BVA once there is an advance on the docket?

It means you start out at the bottom of the pile that has been granted an advance on the docket.

What is the hardship your advancement was granted for ? That plays a role in things also.

My speculation is since you've already had your BVA Hearing and advancement was granted - you may hear something in the next 3-36 months.

It will depend alot on what reason advancement was granted for.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.