Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea And Restless Legs And Ptsd

Rate this question

wyricklj

Question

PTSD rating is 70% and I was just informed when I went in on a claim for the Restless legs that I had been granted Sleep Apnea for 50% since I do use a Cpap machine. However, they never informed me by letter it was just a check and retro funds appeared in my checking account and the increase overall.

My confusion is if am rated for the RLS where or under what section of Title 38 do they determine the rating(s)? What is the norm rating? I have restless legs every evening and take pills ever single night or I can't sleep. I have read many confusing postings of area's in Title 38 that don't appear correct. It seems like the Veteran's claims workers are all over the place when it comes to determinations and the telephone call sites are guys whom don't give any valid information and are more in the dark reading their computer screens than they were 5 years ago. It's like being in the zoo and the care taker's don't have a clue what they are doing. PTSD rating's are really confusing when you talk to these weird doctors hired to check if we are loonies and then they act like they know you can or can't get a rating when they are the most unqualified as to what is ratable and what are the latest medical advance's in RLS and Sleep Apnea associated with PTSD. I even had one PhD say no one is 100% depressed for PTSD? My remark to him is that it's a combination of afflictions which makes are lives more difficult not just depression...angre and hypertention and just over the top hyper when things go wrong, etc.

WYRICKLJ US ARMY VIETNAM 67-68

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I am sure you will hear from more folks here soon. So you say you were granted 50% for sleep apnea when you had a claim for restless leg syndrome...Do you use a VSO? Mine always calls me when the VA makes a positive decision(only happened 2 times). So did you ever put in for sleep apnea? Or did you get it elsewhere, private physician? If they gave you a Cpap machine did you have a C&P exam?

Can you post alittle more that ties it together when/what/you requested/granted/C&P's ect. Thanks maybe it will help more for those who read this to give more advice.

Did you get raised to 100% PT? Or are you going to put in for this?

PTSD rating is 70% and I was just informed when I went in on a claim for the Restless legs that I had been granted Sleep Apnea for 50% since I do use a Cpap machine. However, they never informed me by letter it was just a check and retro funds appeared in my checking account and the increase overall.

My confusion is if am rated for the RLS where or under what section of Title 38 do they determine the rating(s)? What is the norm rating? I have restless legs every evening and take pills ever single night or I can't sleep. I have read many confusing postings of area's in Title 38 that don't appear correct. It seems like the Veteran's claims workers are all over the place when it comes to determinations and the telephone call sites are guys whom don't give any valid information and are more in the dark reading their computer screens than they were 5 years ago. It's like being in the zoo and the care taker's don't have a clue what they are doing. PTSD rating's are really confusing when you talk to these weird doctors hired to check if we are loonies and then they act like they know you can or can't get a rating when they are the most unqualified as to what is ratable and what are the latest medical advance's in RLS and Sleep Apnea associated with PTSD. I even had one PhD say no one is 100% depressed for PTSD? My remark to him is that it's a combination of afflictions which makes are lives more difficult not just depression...angre and hypertention and just over the top hyper when things go wrong, etc.