Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Forms

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Where will I find the C & P exam questionarie VA docs use to perform a TDIU exam?

babyray

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thx a million but I could not find one for TDIU. Maybe there is not one for that.

babyary

For the TDIU claim, and commonly with normal C&P's the doctor follows the given guidance, but also addresses specific questions the rater has. They very specifically tell a doctor sometime to look at a particular thing during the C&P that may not be under the general guideline for that illness or injury. They further sometimes ask the same doctor to look at two or more issues that may be totally unrelated, at the same time requesting the general C&P exam as well.

For instance early on in my claim I was sent to a Neuro C&P and the Neuro doctor was actually asked to also look at a cyst I was claiming for. Needless to say he was a bit upset since he was the head of Neurology at Vanderbilt University - and this looking at a bump on my rear was not an effective use of his skills he believed. It helped me though cause he was so pissed at the rater he wrote an absolute statement... where he stated that I would never be able to return to gainful employment. Period no maybes. So sometimes these things the raters dream up can be to your benefit.

You can ask during the C&P what the rater is asking for exactly. In fact I would try to call the office assigned the C&P and ask them before the appointment and see if they will tell you. Explain that you wish to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation the doctor might need from your private medical information etc. Maybe they would give you the info, I really dont see why not. The VAMC's are mostly really helpful (again in MY experience - others would certainly disagree), its the VARO's that are the problem.

Bob Smith

:rolleyes:

For the TDIU claim, and commonly with normal C&P's the doctor follows the given guidance, but also addresses specific questions the rater has. They very specifically tell a doctor sometime to look at a particular thing during the C&P that may not be under the general guideline for that illness or injury. They further sometimes ask the same doctor to look at two or more issues that may be totally unrelated, at the same time requesting the general C&P exam as well.

For instance early on in my claim I was sent to a Neuro C&P and the Neuro doctor was actually asked to also look at a cyst I was claiming for. Needless to say he was a bit upset since he was the head of Neurology at Vanderbilt University - and this looking at a bump on my rear was not an effective use of his skills he believed. It helped me though cause he was so pissed at the rater he wrote an absolute statement... where he stated that I would never be able to return to gainful employment. Period no maybes. So sometimes these things the raters dream up can be to your benefit.

You can ask during the C&P what the rater is asking for exactly. In fact I would try to call the office assigned the C&P and ask them before the appointment and see if they will tell you. Explain that you wish to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation the doctor might need from your private medical information etc. Maybe they would give you the info, I really dont see why not. The VAMC's are mostly really helpful (again in MY experience - others would certainly disagree), its the VARO's that are the problem.

Bob Smith

Thx a lot for your insight, I appreciate immensely.