Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim

Rate this question

Loma Linda Bill

Question

How do I make sure I get a C&P exam or will i need one my dr I am seeing now sent in a letter to the DAV for me will that be enough? please help

Bill

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
How do I make sure I get a C&P exam or will i need one my dr I am seeing now sent in a letter to the DAV for me will that be enough? please help

Bill

It has been my experience that the VA verifies the stressor before scheduling the C&P exam, there is nothing you, the Doctor nor the DAV can do until that happens and then the RO will schedule the C&P exam. The waiting on the process is the worst part, everyone tries to find a way to speed it up, and sometimes patience is needed.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Once the stressor is verified you will have to have a C&P exam to establish a baseline.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Once the stressor is verified you will have to have a C&P exam to establish a baseline.
who gives the c & p exam and what is on this exam ?

Bill

• In Memoriam

C&P (Compensation and Pension) are given from the VAMC (VA Medical Centers). A VA contracted company called QTC, is also doing C&P examinations. I have also had C&P's contracted by private doctors.

The exams depend on what the claim is about. It could be range of motion, mental test, breathing test, audiology, and any of a number of other exams that the doctor will perform.

Edited by Stretch

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder
who gives the c & p exam and what is on this exam ?

Bill

It depends in all of my PTSD C&P exams they have always been done by a VA doc at the VAMC the first one took about 15 minutes they just bsically verified my docs treatment notes and the meds I am on, the next one took about 5 minutes to see that I was still breathing and on the meds still then there are some C&P exams they seem to take 1-2 hours and the shrinks get into the stressors and your behavior I have heard where some vets have to do those assessment exams during their C&P exams, but it seems to me those should have been done before the diagnosis was even given.

A Lot of the time I think it just comes down on how the RO wants to deal with your claim writing lots of letters to Senators and Congressmen and the President does NOT help your claim it just pizzes off the RO that may be the main reason my claim took 7 years rofl I promise you it wasn't funny during that 7 years though but most of the time writing elected officials is just a waste of time but I will end this after I wrote President Bush in Dec 2004 I was given 50% PTSD in May 2005 after writing VP Dick Cheney in Dec 2005 I was given another C&P exam the one that lasted 5 minutes and they rated me at 100% P&T just saying........I know who I think was more powerful in that administration

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."