Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Summary

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How I got to Oz!! starting at the bottom....

Results: "All reasonable doubt has been resolved in your favor and entitlement to IU is granted because you are unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of sc disabilities. The effective date of entitlement is xxxx following the last day of employment." (iu)(2009)

But wait, because I was in receipt of SSDI, I submitted an NOD for the denied IU claiming unable to work due to sc disabilities. The decision letter was awarded with one examiner recognizing that I am 'unemployable due to combined symptoms of service connected conditions' in contrast to the other "examiners opinion" - 'vet is able and capable to obtain and retain gainful employment. You should be able to obtain and retain gainful employment in office sedentary occupation.'

So, making it to 70%, I submitted my original IU claim to the Rater denied with exam results and mental health letter saying 'ability to perform sedentary gainful work.' Recieved significant sc increase (total sc = 90%). So next I applied for and recieved SSDI using a self functional report supported totally with VA service connected disability conditions.

By then I found another vso and another vso - getting really together after finding HADIT (2006). Finally I got requested increases for sc disabilities with mental health and other conditions - that worked up to compensation with dependents. (40%..60%) good! Years of unemployment weighing me down, I tried temp work with disabling physical and mental health conditions, never gainful and exhausted.

Then a few years later went to the VA health clinic for physical care and a nurse suggested mental health. I started seeing counselors, vocational and mental. Vocational rehabilitation processing was exhaustive waste of time for me but the mental counselor got me started figuring it out.

At discharge I started my claim story with the VA and was given minimal service connected (sc) ratings and written feedback suggesting I 'sick call' listed in my claim. There were several exams, physical, mental, etc. I did not write a well supported claim, I did not submit good documentation or identify in writing where to locate said conditions in my service medical records. I had poa with a elderly vso with vintage dust on near everything in the office - my claim too. (20%)

Edited by cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I think she was going lite on the details.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Updated and corrected lead post; bottom to top - guess its my story!

Other details later...thought I'd start somewhere in hope to help another vet succeed in less time.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok, fergot to drop a nickel in it.....its posted now!

giggles~! least my boot tips are up!

.....and yer point is?

gotta watch these cowgirls all the time..........otherwise they keeps fallin offn their horseys.