Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostrate Cancer

Rate this question

Guest terrysturgis

Question

Guest terrysturgis

I have searched the site for an answer for my wifes friend that lost her husband a few months ago to cancer. I thought he had only liver cancer but it turns out that he had Prostrate Cancer too. He was 101st in country AO exposed so the presumption of cancer from AO is provable. She says her SO is trying for retro on the cancer and DIC for the time since he passed away. In searching the site I could not find the rating chart for Prostrate Cancer. She thinks it is 100% but I see some of our family are rated at 50 or 60% on that disease. Question is where is the chart for Cancers? Thanks! Terry Sturgis

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Terry- the vet might not have a c file number yet- and the VARO will certainly nt give one out unless to the surviving spouse-

The VAROs are asking many questions these days to identify yourself when you call for claims status- this is to protect you all-too much identity theft and thefts out there looking for vets or widows with comp or DIC that they can extort from.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest terrysturgis

I had the flu for the last couple days. I haven't been that sick since I quit drinking. Now back to work. The spouse is the person asking for information from the SO. As I said she doesn't even know if her husband had a File number but the only communications she has had with the SO is E-mails. I am trying to make sure she has something started as there is probably a "time frame" for her to get a DIC claim started.

Alex, the husband had many Doctors and there is a mountain of paperwork that we need to go through and I will pass on your advice. Thanks Berta and Alex! Terry Sturgis