Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reasons For Rescinding Sah Entitlement?

Rate this question

Guest Morgan

Question

The SAH entitlement is subject to review and can be rescinded. Does anyone know the reasons an entitlement might be rescinded? Of course, it stands to reason that a veteran with certain disabilities that improve so that the veteran no longer needs a wheelchair would warrant rescinding the entitlement. But are there other reasons?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest evangeline101

The SAH entitlement is subject to review and can be rescinded. Does anyone know the reasons an entitlement might be rescinded? Of course, it stands to reason that a veteran with certain disabilities that improve so that the veteran no longer needs a wheelchair would warrant rescinding the entitlement. But are there other reasons?

[/quote

Who says an award of entitlement to specially adapted housing can be rescinded? I guess it's possible, but I've been a Service Officer for a long time & never heard of this happening - after all, its a rare thing to have an amputee grow that limb back! B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Haidt Evangeline101 and thanks for helping Vets.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

The paperwork my husband received from the VA said the entitlement can be rescinded, not the grant. Once the grant is issued, it can't be taken back.

Some veterans are wheelchair confined for conditions other than amputation.

Carrie