Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Registry Exam

Rate this question

edsteph98

Question

I had a gulf war registry exam completed on 10/29/09 and was wondering if anybody knows what information the VA is looking for? I filed a claim for gulf war syndrome which was denied but I have since re-opened the claim with new medical evidence and had the gulf war exam done. I got a copy of the report and summary of findings which is in my opinion already in my medical records. Does anybody know how the exam will be used for my disability?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

thanks for all of your input. I was not sure if the exam would accomplish anything in support of my disability claim but atleast I will now be in the registry.

The only problem is when I called the clininc for my results I was informed they have exams from 07/09 that have yet to be put into the registry database. So how reliable are the numbers of sick gulf war vets if the data has not even been entered? I too have gotten the strong feeling they want me to go away but I keep on pushing. When I was of work due to my disability for 6months it was no picnic. Then, I have to fight for ada accomodations at work and now deal with the VA.

Its ironinc that when you are forward deployed and collect hazard pay/imminent danger they are on your side but once your discharged and have some medical problems its an uphill strugggle.

I realize there could be some fraudulent claims out there but after a C& P exam or after they collect the medical records and verify the medical conditions and severity the claim should be rated.....