Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Denied

Rate this question

giz

Question

those that think that va total and permanant gives you a lock for ssd it dont and the reason for denial was completly made up he just ignored the facts and on the va he just said that he is not bound by the va decision,no kidding thats the best you could come up with.i know i can appeal but it is so frustrating when a judge just ignores three doctors saying i cant work and his own jobs guy saying theirs know job i can do,thanks for letting me vent :) ill keep fighting till i die

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thanks free

its going ok im waiting for the lawers pappers for me to sign,oking them to do my appeal,it is frustating because im running out of time and they are moving slow i have only about 30 days left to get my appeal in and introduce new evidence,and i dont even know what they have and dont have so it doesnt leave much time getting the stuff they dont have in.60 days just isnt very long when the clock started during the holidays.anyways thanks for the info. :)

You should be able to make the 60 days. The important thing will be getting the appeal filed within 60 days. Generally the attorney can ask for more time to submit additional evidence / legal arguments (since the AC won't read it for awhile anyway). And I think when they are getting ready to review the case they will provide you with another opportunity to submit additional evidence / arguments. At least they did in my case. I got a letter informing me that if I had any additional evidence to submit, I needed to send it in 30 days. I replied with a letter reiterating my argument, and then they moved on it.

Most likely your lawyer is spending his / her time, developing the legal arguments for the case. Again, the goal at this point won't be so much to convince the AC that you are disabled, but to convince them that the Judge made certain errors in deciding your case.

As far as the evidence is concerned - whatever is of record - the lawyer can point out that the judge did not consider it (as you said the Judge noted in the decision that there were no medical records that stated that you could not work.) If there is any evidence missing from the record - your lawyer can submit it.

Did you keep the same lawyer or get a different one?

Free

thanks free

its going ok im waiting for the lawers pappers for me to sign,oking them to do my appeal,it is frustating because im running out of time and they are moving slow i have only about 30 days left to get my appeal in and introduce new evidence,and i dont even know what they have and dont have so it doesnt leave much time getting the stuff they dont have in.60 days just isnt very long when the clock started during the holidays.anyways thanks for the info. :)

Think Outside the Box!