Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chapter 35 Question

Rate this question

Raven

Question

When one receives Chapter 35 benefits, Do they only get the monthly rates posted on the web sight and then pay for school out of that or does the VA pay for the school and give the monthly rate as a living allowance (like Voch Rehab)?

Thanks

Raven

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Raven-my experienece as a Chap 35er is that-I have had to pay my tuition in advance-

then I email the VA college counselor and the VA Education counselor at the VARO a brief email

giving my tuition as paid, the course name,my student ID #, Prof name- and also the length of course -accelerated or regular 4 month long.

VA divides up the payments as they somehow determine the daily rate-the reimbursement checks usually

have always come quickly.

I dont really get how they figure out the rate at all-

My tuition is usually 750.00 a semester and it seems to be covered by the VA.

I get a book grant from MCA -I dont think (unlike Voc Rehab) any book grant is provided by VA for Chap 35.

Raven:

Chapter 35 DEA also allows for ChampVA until 23 for child if unmarried, tutoring services, VA work study program *form 22-8691 found at http://www.forms.gov:80/bgfPortal/citizen....ureauDispAction ; plus vocational counseling (form 28-8832). Many states also allow some good benefits; click here to see what your state offers http://education.military.com/money-for-sc...eteran-benefits .

Edited by Rich T