Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Commissary And Exchange Privileges

Rate this question

Kelly

Question

The ones pushing for Vets getting on base/post privileges probably live close to a facility. For the majority of Vets military facilities are too far away to be a benefit to them.

If you can get these so called bennies more power to you. My comments are intended to point out that these bennies aren't what you think they are, especially if you have to drive long distances to get them..

Typical crap from the lying retirees.

First of all, none of these benifits were ever authorized by congress. Secondly, why should a mail clerk in the military draw beneifts after a mere 20 years that a mailman with the Post Office doesn't get after 40 years?

Third, if anyone is deserving of such benefits it is the combat injured veteren regardless of the amount of time he served.

A man can see more in one day in combat than these retired turds see in 20 years.

Tachio

Have you forgotten you medication again. If it was put to a vote I say at least 90 percent of the retires would say let the Disabled Vets have the bennies. Space A is a joke if you got about a week trying to get a flight you might be lucky enough to get one. I do not know what you have agaginst retires but my Mom always aid if you have nothing nice to say to or about someone you schould not say anything. So I will keep my mouth shut when it comes to you. Oh BTW way postal workers in the miltary get motored also.

Jim

PS Warfare has changed since your time. It started with Vietnam no safe areas at all. Even the big bases get hit

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder
For those who wont use the facilities anyway, that is not the point. Sign the petition for those that when they get these benefits, can feel like the government gives a crap about them. Bitching about what is, was, should be or isnt, is just wasting your breath. Bashing any type of vet is just what I was talking about before. If you get a leg blown off on day one of combat or serve x amount of years and come out worse off after the first time you said "I swear to support and Defend" should have the same benefits as those that made it 20+. Most disabled vets would trade all the checks and all benefits to not have to suffer every damn day with problems that were caused by military service. I know there are diabled vets out there milking the system, but screwing over the rest is wrong.

Sign the petition, write your congressman or get off the pot.

http://www.petitiononline.com/vetpet/petition.html

I signed the petition

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Guest Dataman

12 People Signed it?

I won't because it's not going anywhere (the Bill in Congress). It's one of those things you do as a Congress Person to say "Look What I am doing for our Vets". But it goes no where. That was the plan all along.

Better efford would be supporting giving disabled combat vets their retirement if less than 20 years. That bill is worth supporting.

www.vetspac.com

Space A Travel is a Big Joke. It's cheaper to just fly Southwest or such and be done with it.

Commissary can be beat offbase on lots of items.

Now if 12 people wrote their Congress Critters (Not Email)....

12 people can make a impact!

Online Junk has no impact such as this.

I signed the petition

I signed also but there were only 13 peolpe so far. At least us here on hadit should sign it

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

I signed also but there were only 13 peolpe so far. At least us here on hadit should sign it

Jim

Thanks Jim. We have to start from somewhere. I will send this info out as far as I can. It would be appreciated if everyone sent out the link so it spreads everywhere. In time, hopefully before the current sponsors and co-sponsors of this bill retire or die this petition will have enough signatures to send to them.

http://www.petitiononline.com/vetpet/petition.html