Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw A Cardiologist Today

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

The VA did a stress test as part of a pre op for a kidney stone. Guess what the stress test I failed. They cancelled the stone surgery. I am still waiting to hear about my cardilogist appointment with a VA doctor...............................................Saw a non VA cardiologist today, he put me on ATENOLOL 25mg and is doing a sonogram? next week and then going to schedule the catherization.

I was reading my C&P for my heart what a joke they said A OK!

So my spinal fusion is now cancelled for who knows how long.

this is what the report for the stress test says

Impression

1. Large, mild severity, adenosine induced abnormality of myocardial perfussion reserve in the inferior LV. A contribution to this defect from a diaphragmatic attenuation artifact can not be excluded.

2. Left ventricular ejection fraction is 48% whic is mildly depressed with normal wall motion and systolic wall thickening.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know that EF of 48% sounds scarry but that isn't that bad a measure in reality.

At 46 yrs young my EF dropped down to around 30.

Good luck with your medical conditions.

This is a place to start looking up some medical stuff for your needs, hope it helps.

http://www.medfamily.org/dictionary/

here's another

http://www.mercksource.com/pp/us/cns/cns_h...d-a-b-000zPzhtm

and another

http://www.frankfordhospitals.org/healthin...c/dsorders.html

Edited by carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

"I was reading my C&P for my heart what a joke they said A OK!"

This condition didn't happen overnight- if I were you I would check your med recs to see if they perhaps should have diagnosed this sooner-

maybe not- but if those records reveal a suspicion of heart disease or any abnormal ECGs-and they didnt treat it- this would be basis for Section 1151 claim-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder
The VA did a stress test as part of a pre op for a kidney stone. Guess what the stress test I failed. They cancelled the stone surgery. I am still waiting to hear about my cardilogist appointment with a VA doctor...............................................Saw a non VA cardiologist today, he put me on ATENOLOL 25mg and is doing a sonogram? next week and then going to schedule the catherization.

I was reading my C&P for my heart what a joke they said A OK!

So my spinal fusion is now cancelled for who knows how long.

this is what the report for the stress test says

Impression

1. Large, mild severity, adenosine induced abnormality of myocardial perfussion reserve in the inferior LV. A contribution to this defect from a diaphragmatic attenuation artifact can not be excluded.

2. Left ventricular ejection fraction is 48% whic is mildly depressed with normal wall motion and systolic wall thickening.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

it means you are a lot healtheir than they made you feel, my ejection fraction is 25% normal is 55-70% don't ask why I don't know, after 13 years of heart problems I have picked up a few things, the walls of your hert are thickeing, you have some problems, but not ones that are immediate life threatening problems, the atenelol is a good start I hope they put you on an aspirin a day even a Bayer baby aspirin is good 81mg. It thins the blood, reduces chance of stroke and heart attack, everyone should be taking one heart patient or not, I can answer most things about heart and strokes, I am NOT a doctor, I just kn ow what I have been told, your best advice still comes from YOUR doctor. Mike

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

"I was reading my C&P for my heart what a joke they said A OK!"

This condition didn't happen overnight- if I were you I would check your med recs to see if they perhaps should have diagnosed this sooner-

maybe not- but if those records reveal a suspicion of heart disease or any abnormal ECGs-and they didnt treat it- this would be basis for Section 1151 claim-

How about a VA MRI from August 04 that states

1. Renal XXXXXXXX

2. Renal XXXXXXXX

3. CALCIFICATIONS OF THE AORTA AND ILIAC ARTERIES.

4. Prostate XXXXXXXXXXXX

and How about numerous high cholosteral readings while in service, put on Baycol while in service.

Hypocholestemia listed on my in service physicals..........................Hypocholestemia was listed on my claim as a condition. The VA stated that Hypocholestemia was a abnormal lab reading and not a condition thus my claim was denied. my thoughts are gee wiz do they give prescriptions of baycol for a abnormal lab reading or was the baycol prescribed because of a condition that was documented over the years?

What is a Section 1151 claim?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

1. it means you are a lot healtheir than they made you feel

2. the walls of your heart are thickeing, you have some problems,

3. the atenelol is a good start I hope they put you on an aspirin a day even a Bayer baby aspirin is good 81mg.

4. your best advice still comes from YOUR doctor. Mike

1. They scared the sh1t out of me, and still have my full attention

2. what causes this?

3. Yep, baby asprin a day.

4. Not a VA DOCTOR B)

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T