Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw A Cardiologist Today

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

The VA did a stress test as part of a pre op for a kidney stone. Guess what the stress test I failed. They cancelled the stone surgery. I am still waiting to hear about my cardilogist appointment with a VA doctor...............................................Saw a non VA cardiologist today, he put me on ATENOLOL 25mg and is doing a sonogram? next week and then going to schedule the catherization.

I was reading my C&P for my heart what a joke they said A OK!

So my spinal fusion is now cancelled for who knows how long.

this is what the report for the stress test says

Impression

1. Large, mild severity, adenosine induced abnormality of myocardial perfussion reserve in the inferior LV. A contribution to this defect from a diaphragmatic attenuation artifact can not be excluded.

2. Left ventricular ejection fraction is 48% whic is mildly depressed with normal wall motion and systolic wall thickening.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

John, Berta I have been out for two years 31MAY04........................I thought the time limit was a year?

Sending you guys both a email

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Jim-

Jstacy was on to something-he sure is sharp- I replied to your email-the stuff all came through OK.

If you presented kidney disease at 10% while in service or within first year- you can still claim it as presumptive-but the EED is date of the new claim.(because you got out in 2004)

I think now- better than an 1151 claim, the heart problems and the hbp can be claimed secondary to the kidney problems AND also as presumptive too-why not- two bases and they can pick one to award on.Sent you a link from the National Kidney Foundation.

I would add the lacunar ischemia to the claim too- they said you had one (stroke)so I would claim this and it might be also causing numbness and balance problems that you have.

Since there is a medical association between kidney (renal disease) and heart disease- and the heart disease can show up years after initial kidney problems-and since you have 30% SC already for kidneys-

this would be easier to prove than the 1151-and the comp would be the same----

Also as I mentioned in my email- it is far easier to get a doctor (even a VA doctor) to agree with established medical info as to an association of two disabilities then to get them to support a Sec 1151 claim.

In my opinion I think this would be a better way to go-but need to read over all you sent to me- lots of info-

The comp under Secondary would be the same as 1151 comp.

Let me know what you think.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.