VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Mri Report - Add It To Claim Or Wait For Decision?

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

After the C&P I went to last month, I put in a request for the records. Got them, and the examiner reports that my left foot has RSD, my right foot has plantar fasciitis & morton's neuromas, and that the right foot condition is 50/50 likely related to my SC.

She then said that my knee probably had a torn meniscus, and that it was likely due to a previous injury (uh, what, from 25+ years ago? They didn't notice when the let me in the military?). She said that it was not likely due to my SC injury.

Anyway, on her recommendation, I got my PCP to send me for an MRI. The MRI report came today and states that "There is Chondromalacia Patella" and various points of edema. No torn ligaments or tendons and my meniscus is fine. I did a google, and CMP is typically caused by overuse. I think there's no doubt that the many years of favoring my left side is what caused it. My limping is documented in a C & P re-evaluation from 1993 (i have that!) and the current examiner noted in her own report that I limp, favoring my left.

My question is, should I submit the MRI report as additional information on my claim, or should I wait and submit it with my NOD when I get the denial?

Thanks!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Gee why do you expect a denial?

then again maybe it is best to send it in-there is nothing in the MRI report that could hurt your claim is there?

There are awards at the BVA web site due to a SC leg condition for example causing the other leg to be favored to the degree that the NSC leg has to be found as disabled by the overuse or overcompensation due to the SC leg and thus rated as secondary to the SC leg---If the NSC leg has a ratable effect due to the SC disability.

It can be found that a SC disablity has 'aggravated " a NSC disability too-

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files1/0901627.txt

This is a lengthy case but shows you how the VA determines these types of claims.