VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status @varo(oakland) - Rep Has Very Little Info?

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

Hi gang,

After thorough research work and preparation, I finally hand carried & resubmitted my OSA claim as 'Case Re-open' file last month @Oakland VARO. On the way home from business trip, I dropped by the VARO to inquire about my claim status.

> According to the rep, he looked at my file before being called in. I was not satisfied(still w/ smiling face) leaving the place as the rep just said my claim was sent to Phoenix VARO for further processing. That's fine with me as long as it doesn't get shredded or returned safely to Oakland in one piece!

> What bothered me is that he said he does not have indepth access to the status of my claim. He was mumbling about certain category information of my claim, there was a flagged that it is being reviewed but he is sort of confused. Is this true, he can not access my file???? He is a new face(no tie, dirty looking..yuck!) over there, and I wondered if he knows what he is doing or talking about? The reps there has helped me with my claim increase the past few years, they are normally professional looking w/ a Tie or all are dressed appropriately. This dude was not and irritated me as hell! I will skip this dude next time. My prefered rep was out of the office.

Please comment or let me know if this rep is telling me the truth. Thanks in advance!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well, he hardly told you anything about your claim so I don't think whether or not he's telling the truth is the issue here. The issue I see here is you don't know squat about what's happening with your claim. Try IRIS and see if you can get a better answer so you're not wondering about it. Here's the link. https://iris.va.gov/

Jerr

Hi gang,

After thorough research work and preparation, I finally hand carried & resubmitted my OSA claim as 'Case Re-open' file last month @Oakland VARO. On the way home from business trip, I dropped by the VARO to inquire about my claim status.

> According to the rep, he looked at my file before being called in. I was not satisfied(still w/ smiling face) leaving the place as the rep just said my claim was sent to Phoenix VARO for further processing. That's fine with me as long as it doesn't get shredded or returned safely to Oakland in one piece!

> What bothered me is that he said he does not have indepth access to the status of my claim. He was mumbling about certain category information of my claim, there was a flagged that it is being reviewed but he is sort of confused. Is this true, he can not access my file???? He is a new face(no tie, dirty looking..yuck!) over there, and I wondered if he knows what he is doing or talking about? The reps there has helped me with my claim increase the past few years, they are normally professional looking w/ a Tie or all are dressed appropriately. This dude was not and irritated me as hell! I will skip this dude next time. My prefered rep was out of the office.

Please comment or let me know if this rep is telling me the truth. Thanks in advance!

Here's the IRIS response late last week.

Our records indicate that your claim filed on December 3, 2009 is currently open and in process. Your claim is currently in the development stage, once your claim file is reviewed for completeness it can be sent to the rating board to receive a rating decision.

Thank you for your service to our country!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This is why I dropped by the VARO yesterday. Handled all my claims by myself since day 1. It's too early at this time. Will wait until March for next visit @VARO..

Again, so curious if my claim was brokered to Phoenix VARO, can Oakland VARO rep access my claim(next visit) much inner updated info?

• HadIt.com Elder
Here's the IRIS response late last week.

Our records indicate that your claim filed on December 3, 2009 is currently open and in process. Your claim is currently in the development stage, once your claim file is reviewed for completeness it can be sent to the rating board to receive a rating decision.

Thank you for your service to our country!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This is why I dropped by the VARO yesterday. Handled all my claims by myself since day 1. It's too early at this time. Will wait until March for next visit @VARO..

Again, so curious if my claim was brokered to Phoenix VARO, can Oakland VARO rep access my claim(next visit) much inner updated info?

when it is brokered out like this I think the office that has the file does all the necessary documentation and rating and it is all on paper, then they return your C File to Oakland where they will process the award or denial (end product) and until the paper file gets back to Oakland they will NOT know anything

Testvet,

I believe you are correct. Here is my experience late last year w/ my HTN claim approval. 50% to 60%.

> June '09, I sent a request for reconsideration of my HTN claim due to VA mistake/oversight.

> Aug '09, my c-file was brokered to Seattle VARO. Oakland VARO is backed logged(they say). Oh great!-was worried..

> Sep. 3, 09 -> had my HTN C & P

> Sep. 25, 09 -> I called to inquire, been granted & deposit came in same day(3-yrs retro). Manila envelop followed after couple of work days.

As I stated earlier, my OSA 'Case Re-Open' was submitted early part of December. Now brokered this time to Phoenix VARO. Will wait until March for status.

Thanks again..