Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu For Ptsd

Rate this question

Joe01

Question

I'm 50% SC, of that 30% is for PTSD. I just filed an NOD in January, asking for DRO review. Is been two months since I Filed this, can I now request or add to that NOD a request for increase base on unemployment? Would this be the best way to do it. I know the NOD is basically a request for increase but I want them to know I'm seeking TDIU if they do increase my raiting. Or should I wait to get an increase and then file for TDUI. What you guys think?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I'm 50% SC, of that 30% is for PTSD. I just filed an NOD in January, asking for DRO review. Is been two months since I Filed this, can I now request or add to that NOD a request for increase base on unemployment? Would this be the best way to do it. I know the NOD is basically a request for increase but I want them to know I'm seeking TDIU if they do increase my raiting. Or should I wait to get an increase and then file for TDUI. What you guys think?

also, do I need an IMO saying I can't work? Cuz I have no private doc and don't know if the Va doc will go on record and say I can't work. Any opinions?

also, do I need an IMO saying I can't work? Cuz I have no private doc and don't know if the Va doc will go on record and say I can't work. Any opinions?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

if you did a search on this site you'd have all answered, as I remember one needs to have

one SC above a certain % 30 % as I remember does not cut it.

Do some research on the site it is there

One Shot, One Shovel

Do you have a VSO, go talk to one... see what they have to say..then you decide your options, hadit will be here no matter what you decide

if you did a search on this site you'd have all answered, as I remember one needs to have

one SC above a certain % 30 % as I remember does not cut it.

As unfair as it is raters may have a "thing" about giving IU to under a certain ( 21-50) age unless they really have paperwork to back up the claim...

do some research...this site all you need, and also.... www.Watchdog.org

Do some research on the site it is there for you to find

Edited by vperl

One Shot, One Shovel

• HadIt.com Elder

You will need a medical report and/or statement saying you are so disabled by your PTSD that you are unemployable. Even if you get a rating of 70% for PTSD unless there is something in your records to say you can't work you don't get IU.

You will need a medical report and/or statement saying you are so disabled by your PTSD that you are unemployable. Even if you get a rating of 70% for PTSD unless there is something in your records to say you can't work you don't get IU.

that's one of my major problems. I have no private doc nor health insurance to go to one. And I don't know if my Va doc will step up to the plate and document that I'm not able to work do to my PTSD.