Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand

Rate this question

Larrybart

Question

I had a BVA hearing in 2008. In April 2009 I received a denial for Sleep Apnea and the Illonginial hernia neuralgia was remanded. In July a doctor who was working for the VA, but now is in a private Sleep clinic looked at my records and stated I definiately had sleep apnea during my periods of active duty. She wrote a letter to that affect and I submitted it through DVA and BVA agreeed to look at the letter and make a decision. I cannot find anything about the remand. Do you know about how long these take. I was told they could take up to several years.

I also have in my records several eposides of Gastitits documented. I developed Barrett's and submitted for this in October 2009. Along with a hital hernia that is documented. Will this be helt up until the remand is over?

Part of the problem is I was in the National Guard as a Civil Service Loadmaster. I flew on an average of twice a month for 3 to 6 days each trip. Each time I was on Tiltle 10 or Title 32 orders, the only time I received a DD 214 was when I left the AF in 1972 and the 1 year of Desert Storm. I cannot seem to make the VA understand this. They keep saying the only active duty I had was during these 2 periods. I have sent in orders, and a retirement summary which states how many active duty days I was on.

thanks for the help

Larry

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Have you requested a copy of your personnel file? It might be possible that some of your unit assignments were never logged into your records.

The orders were never logged into the personnel system. They were cut by our unit orders clerk. That is the reason there is no log of all of them. I have a retirement summary from

ARPC which states i had 60 to 80 days of active duty a year. I also have my flight records. They record which days I was on active duty and the amount of flying time each day. This is a pretty massive file. I had over 11,000 flying hours.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Larry