VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Organizations To Sue The Va For Delay Of Regs On The 3 New Presumptive

Rate this question

vperl

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have to agree with you 100% on that comment John. When I had my heart attack, my cardiologist said that i beat the odds. I asked him what he meant by that and he said 50% of the people that have a heart attack die, and the other 50% don't. I'm not looking forward to shooting the dice again. My doc has me come in every 6 months for a checkup.

Jeff

Jeff, looks like the next time is the big dirt Knapp, i am prepared......if I do not send a email to a certain address everyday.. an atomic bomb goes off in the VA offices around the country...

Pay Back......it's a pack of female puppies

( Just kidding, if you did not figure it out already)

I have to agree with you 100% on that comment John. When I had my heart attack, my cardiologist said that i beat the odds. I asked him what he meant by that and he said 50% of the people that have a heart attack die, and the other 50% don't. I'm not looking forward to shooting the dice again. My doc has me come in every 6 months for a checkup.

Jeff

So happy you made it! My (now deceased) husband survived his first heart attack in 2001 but it did enough damage that he could no longer work. He passed away in 2006 (5 yrs. later). He was waiting for a DRO on his IHD that the V.A. always denied. (He was 100% PTSD) He survived the 2nd heart attack (Doc's couldn't believe it or understand why he survived it!) but he died 8 months later.

My DIC claim was denied in 2007 & is now awaiting a DRO. Recently was told by the Am.Leg. that my claim is "qued" (cued?) now due to IDH on "list". 4 Dr. statements stating the PTSD contributed to the heart disease but the V.A. ignored them. The V.A. never did a C&P on the heart issue either.

Take care of yourself! And thank you for your service.

So happy you made it! My (now deceased) husband survived his first heart attack in 2001 but it did enough damage that he could no longer work. He passed away in 2006 (5 yrs. later). He was waiting for a DRO on his IHD that the V.A. always denied. (He was 100% PTSD) He survived the 2nd heart attack (Doc's couldn't believe it or understand why he survived it!) but he died 8 months later.

My DIC claim was denied in 2007 & is now awaiting a DRO. Recently was told by the Am.Leg. that my claim is "qued" (cued?) now due to IDH on "list". 4 Dr. statements stating the PTSD contributed to the heart disease but the V.A. ignored them. The V.A. never did a C&P on the heart issue either.

Take care of yourself! And thank you for your service.

I hope that you have good luck on your DIC claim. I'm also very sorry for the loss of your husband and I salute him for his service........

There are alot of good people here at hadit and most are willing to help you as much as they can, so keep visiting the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Semper Fi,

Jeff