Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Veteran In Nashville, Tn

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

Hello all,

At work today I spoke with a gentleman who is a Vietnam Veteran and he lives in Nashville, TN.

From what I understand he went to the VA for AO, trying to get his hearing checked out and PTSD or simular problems. I did ask him if he is service connected for anything, receives benefits or put in a VA claim and he said "no". He said a friend he was stationed with was being seen due to AO but he wasn't, didn't understand and unable to get an appointment.

I did invite him to our website but he stated he is not computer literate. Is there anyone near Nashville, TN that he could speak with besisde a VSO to start.

I appologize for not knowing how to word this but just trying to get him some guidence.

Thanks.

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I use the TN VSO at the Murfreesboro VAMC. He's had the position for 30 years now and was highly recommended when I filed my claim for PTSD. I have quite a distance to drive to the facility so I try to check in with him every time I have an appointment and he always makes time for me. Might be worth consideration.

Pete and CHR49,

Thanks. I was hoping someone maybe from the group was in the area that could speak with him. I'm not very good with the claims and know zero about AO. The veteran is hard to understand and he said he's been having anger problems so I thought I would try to help him out.

chr49, is Murfreesboro far from Nashville? Do you have a phone number I can pass to him?

Thanks again,

I use the TN VSO at the Murfreesboro VAMC. He's had the position for 30 years now and was highly recommended when I filed my claim for PTSD. I have quite a distance to drive to the facility so I try to check in with him every time I have an appointment and he always makes time for me. Might be worth consideration.

• HadIt.com Elder

# 5

Although Hadit has a lot of members and also visitors there are not that many who are active on the Board especially on weekends. I am sure that sooner or later something should pop up.

Edited by Pete53

Wish I could be more help but I don't live in the Nashville area either. I'm actually on the northeastern edge of their service area, 2 1/2 hours from either facility. The VSO that was recommended to me is based at the Murfreesboro VAMC:

TDVA/Veterans Benefits Representative

1-800-876-7093 Ext. 26930

See http://www.tennesseevalley.va.gov/ for info on either facility

Perhaps a better place to start would be the Nashville Vet Center. I've gone to the Knoxville Vet Center and found them extremely helpful when I had questions. Here's the info on that:

Nashville Vet Center

1420 Donelson Pike Suite A-5

Nashville, TN 37217

Phone: 615-366-1220

Best wishes on all of this