VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowball States - How Will They Manage The Volume Of Claims?

Rate this question

joet

Question

If all these claims are likely to be reopened, and possibly new ones filed, how are they going to deal with the huge volume? Special teams? For NOD's already filed, is it better to DRO (hoping they will get them out of the way fast to clear their desks for the coming avalanche) or to appeal, moving them out of the local office?

Joe t

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

This notice is a joke. The notice that I received tells me that if my conditions got worse to call the VA and they will give me an exam and see what the condition is after the exam. If you have another disability that you feel is related to your military service, but you have not previously filed a claim for that disability, you may file a new claim and etc. Sounds like to me that if you ask for a review you may receive more or you may receive less. It all depends on your disability as rated by the regs. Anyone in here from the High States can do what they are telling the Low States....Anyway nothing new for me!

Guest elizabeth
If all these claims are likely to be reopened, and possibly new ones filed, how are they going to deal with the huge volume? Special teams? For NOD's already filed, is it better to DRO (hoping they will get them out of the way fast to clear their desks for the coming avalanche) or to appeal, moving them out of the local office how they manage is up to them they made their problems i checked out the new web page to be on the safe side put in a claim under this new law Elizabeth

Joe t

Happened to get my lowball state letter yesterday and was already planning on calling 1800 number. I called and instead of Detroit VARO I got the Columbia S.C. Varo. The other Varos are handling the overflow of phone calls and the Representitive in S.C. said they expect to be handling the extra volume of calls for the next several months. She was able to access the computer screen and give me some very good news. It seems the day before yesterday the final authorization on my Nod was approved granting me 100% over the lowball 30% they tried to grant me.

Just my humble opinion here but I think that there is a chance that teh reason the lowball states have the lower numbers may be that vets with more serious disibilities may be likely to move to the states with more moderate weather. They also may tend to retire at or near a large military facility to have access to hospitals and other benefits. Another possibility is that most of the lowball states have traditionally had better employment opportunities and therefore Vets who are working may just not feel the need to file claims or pursue the higher ratings. Although I will admit that certain VARO's may have a bias which cause them to hand out lower ratings.

Kirk

Kirk, Maybe I should call and see if they awarded me 100%. I am awaiting word about my remanded claims for increase back strain, allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis. I have a host of other claims awaiting a DRO hearing at Indianapolis. Also a couple more that I haven't claimed yet.

Railroader

I got the pamphlet the other day and after reading it a couple of times i don't see anything that has changed.Most of the guys i have talked to already have NODs filed.So it don't mean nuthin.IMHO.

den