VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Fee For Service Va Medical Bene.

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Hey Vets,

Got a question, hope I'm putting it in the right place. I was recently granted TDIU for back issues. I have applied for VA medical to get a primary doctor set up. Haven't heard back from them on that, it's been about 4 weeks since I returned everything. The problem is that my primary neurosurgeon that I've had for years has determined that I need fusion surgery on L1-L2 soon.

I was told by my VSO that if something like this happened I should apply for "Fee for Service" ( I may have that term wrong) which meant that the VA would likely pay for private Doc to do this surgery, if it was of urgent need, since they probably couldn't get to it as soon as needed.

Has anyone heard of this and if so what should I do since it appears I will need the surgery in a couple weeks?

Thanks for any info.

Blackbird

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Ask your VA Hospital/Membership/benefits office about Fee Basis, they will give you the contact info..

I have no clue if Fee Basis has regional offices or just one..

Contact them and ask if you might be covered and get it in writing before you do anything.. or else you might end up not being covered..

if your back surgery is an emergency the VA should be able to expedite any needed care..

IMHO

Edited by retiredat44