VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd C& P

Rate this question

jan

Question

Has anyone had their C&P for IHD and what type to questions does the examiner ask.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

You need to have several tests done and send all of the medical records you have on IHD

Tests should be fairly recent indicating Ejection Fraction ( EF ) and your METS Score.

Tell your primary care you need what ever tests done now to show these scores.

Questions ?

had a heart attack, when, what happened

family history

They usually ask questions that are in your file, they are too lazy to read...

We you in RVN and where ( Like that matters, where)

usually they ask some questions that the medical records ought to provide, of specialized test to show your METS and or your EF.....

keep your cool.. your primary can order those tests ahead of time

You can tell the C&P guy if he needs that info (EF & METS score ) to correctly evaluate, then order these tests for you..

I opt the Primary care person you have order all these tests, then it saves allot of time... you in a hurry ?

good luck

I had a C and P two weeks ago with IHD and CAD related to a six way bypass secondary to hypertension. I was surprised at the exam. There were no tests other than the doctor listening to my heart. He asked a lot of questions about my stamina, like how many flights of stairs I would climb. He also asked about the MET level I had achieved at heart rehab. There were questions about job interviews and if this condition had affected my work. He read my surgery report, heart cath report, and stress test results. It was over in about 30 minutes. I have no idea what he wrote down, or if the report helped or hurt me. Several other people on this site have told me their C and P exam included a stress test. I suppose it is what your regional office requested of the medical center. Also, I have no idea as to the length of time between the exam and an initial decision. Maybe others can shed light on that.

Also, just as important if not more than the C and P exam, be sure the regional office has records from all your civilian doctors. I had records sent from my regular doctor, the cardiologist, and the surgeon, plus any hospital records and results of tests.

My C&P exam (in March) was fast and smooth. It wasn't something to get terribly nervous about. They did an ECHO and an EKG on me. The examiner asked the usual medical questions about my heart condition, listened to my heart, checked my blood pressure and, looked at the "zipper" and asked had I healed up properly from the heart surgery. He also had a copy of my private heart medical records. He confirmed my service in Vietnam. I did not do a METS stress test as it was medically contraindicated.

I got a copy of the C&P results back last month. The VA confirmed my IHD diagnosis. Their EF rating from their ECHO test was slightly lower than my most recent private ECHO. I was impressed with that. Also, they rated my METS level at a low level as well. As a matter of fact, their write-up on the entire exam was very favorable. I really cannot complain, so far. I'm expecting a good rating, once the rules are published. I'm thinking the rules will be published sometime, ranging from the end of May to July of this year.

• HadIt.com Elder
I had a C and P two weeks ago with IHD and CAD related to a six way bypass secondary to hypertension. I was surprised at the exam. There were no tests other than the doctor listening to my heart. He asked a lot of questions about my stamina, like how many flights of stairs I would climb. He also asked about the MET level I had achieved at heart rehab. There were questions about job interviews and if this condition had affected my work. He read my surgery report, heart cath report, and stress test results. It was over in about 30 minutes. I have no idea what he wrote down, or if the report helped or hurt me. Several other people on this site have told me their C and P exam included a stress test. I suppose it is what your regional office requested of the medical center. Also, I have no idea as to the length of time between the exam and an initial decision. Maybe others can shed light on that.

Where did you have your C and P at, Lexington or Louisville?

I know the guy at Lex and he is real good. Usually has his home work done before you get in there.

J

Where did you have your C and P at, Lexington or Louisville?

I know the guy at Lex and he is real good. Usually has his home work done before you get in there.

J

I live near Paducah, KY and went to Marion, IL VA medical center, about 50 miles from here. I have no idea why I got no tests except for the doctor listening to my heart. He did ask detailed questions about cardiac rehab. I have been on 3.3 mph at a 2 percent grade which translates to about 4.5 METs. He also asked how many flights of stairs I could climb, and I said two. Like I said in the other post, he asked about my experiences at job interviews since the surgery, which have not gone well. One interview was with a floral company to deliever flowers in a van, one was a van driver for Easter Seals, and one was for a census taker. I could have had the census taker job, but I would have had to pay back a portion of my federal retirement (civilian) according to them.

Another interesting thing that came up was I had an interview with a VA rep about vocational rehab. The VA may pay for some training in the fall depending on how much leg work I do to research on the recommended occupations they gave me. I also found out that the VA did not know I had been married 33 years, so sent in the paperwork for that.

I have not had a chance to get a copy of the C and P exam yet, and have no idea if the report helped or hurt me with no real testing done. It seems to me that since the RO is the one that orders the exam, and types out the instructions to the doctor as to what they need, that all the doctor does is read the packet. One thought that did cross my mind, is that since I am only three and a half months out of six way bypass, is that they will give me a temporary rating based on the doctor findings, then make me come back in several months to a couple of years for an EKG and stress test.