Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Columbia R.o

Rate this question

tank

Question

well here the deal. i got a letter from the board of veteran appeals back march. all my issue

were granted.i live in columbia south carolina i went to the r.o to see how long it would take to cut a check a supervisor told me 20 day that have come and gone.is there any one i can call. they keep tell me they waiting on signature.

semper fi

tank

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

have you been getting the 60% a month since 2006? Have you contacted the VARO where your claim was processed and asked them where is the money? Did you have a SO handle your claim? You should contact them, or did they do a 0% from 99 to 2006 and then granted an increase to 60%? There are many questions here one is like why have you waited 4 years to ask where your money is I had a BVA award that was paid in 4 months and the VARO had to process it after they got my C File back from DC have you read your SOC or your award letter real close to see what the effective date of the 60% is?

The 60% was granted to go back to 99 in 06, which also granted my 90% at that time from that time (Sep06). I appealed the decision to go back to my date of discharge Aug 98 along with numerous other claims including TDIU from date of discharge, it is currenty at the CAVC under my attorney awaiting a decision that is supposed to be given by late august. The rational given was that if TDIU or 100% otherwise was granted the va would have to readjust everything. Im not fighting it in particular because the money wont make my life any more painless. Its in my lawyers hands now.

yeah, right.

Hi Larry, hows things in McKinney, I grew up on Collage Street, went to JL Greer, played "Army" in McKinney Park.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Larry, hows things in McKinney, I grew up on Collage Street, went to JL Greer, played "Army" in McKinney Park.

I, on the other, didn't.

We moved to McKinney when the population was around 10,000, now, over 20 years later, it's at around 155,000 and it sucks, the traffic is terrible (heck, most mornings it takes 30 minutes to get from Hwy 380 to Hwy 121), the "city fathers" have allowed the population to totally outstrip the basic services (we've been on water rationing every summer for the last 4 years)........................sucks, really sucks. What was once a nice "town" is now a "bedroom community" filled with twits, soccer moms, indolent overly indulged brats, and husbands/wives that go to work at 6 am and get home every night at 9 pm and are so mortgaged that if they got sick and missed a couple weeks of work they'd literally be on the streets. $2,000,000 two-story homes with 5 bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths at 6,000 sq ft that has a 3-member family living in them.........heck, the UTILITY bills are over $1,000 a month..........and, you go upstairs into bedrooms 3, 4 & 5 and they are bare of furniture because the owners can't afford to buy it.

Lovely little hell hole.

As soon as (if) the real estate market will allow me and my wife, we're moving down to south Louisiana and I'm building an Acadian-style country house and I'm goin' fishin'. Sell this place here and haul-ass.

Edited by LarryJ

I left 31 years ago (age 11), said I'd never go back, to many small town busybodies poking their noses in my family's business because my Mom was raising six kids on commodities and waitressing tips. Louisiana is great if you like rain, but dont eat the catfish, they are toxic. My ex step dad, Floyd, put the tank in front of the VFW. He was the Commander at the time. Me and some of my freinds were playing in it right after that. I accidentally started it up. GOD only knows what would have happened if we had put it in gear. Floyd was a welder, he welded the tophatch up so tight that even rain couldn't get into it. Hope you get to enjoy Louisisana.

have you been getting the 60% a month since 2006? Have you contacted the VARO where your claim was processed and asked them where is the money? Did you have a SO handle your claim? You should contact them, or did they do a 0% from 99 to 2006 and then granted an increase to 60%? There are many questions here one is like why have you waited 4 years to ask where your money is I had a BVA award that was paid in 4 months and the VARO had to process it after they got my C File back from DC have you read your SOC or your award letter real close to see what the effective date of the 60% is?

I went back and looked at my records, they paid me from a 2004 award date when I reopened the claim at 80% until the time the claim was granted, $28000.00 and some change. I guess they hoped I wouldn't notice not getting the backpay, or they are making money on the interest, I dont know. Even if I know the law, it doesn't mean I have the authority to enforce it, so I just have to live with it for now.