Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension And Portal Vein Thrombosis

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I have searched these froums several times for Hypertension and Portal Vein Thrombosis. Hypertension is common and also common for people who suffered from Hypertension in the service. I was diagnosed with Ypertension and treated fro it and also for chemical exposure while int he USAF. But I also suffer from Portal Vein Thrombosis along with the hypertension. It is in my claim and appeal. I am curious if others have Thrombosis too. I suffered from severe edema in the service from the jet fuel, and also suffer from it now. The swelling of the leggs (int he service I suffered from large swelling of my hands and arms from the chemicals.

When I had an operation on my pancreas I almost died and suffered greatly from edema and huge swelling of my extremeities along with severe swelling of my stomach and leggs and feet. The Throbmosis was so bad I spent 6 months on Heparin to try to unclogg the portal vein (the veins in the liver from the intestines). Has anyone else included thrombosis, edema, etc.. in their disability claim?

Just curious, as I have not found many people chatting much in these forums about these medical problems..

thanx,,

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I guess Thrombosis isn't common with most people that visit these froums.. or at least the Portal Vein or even the Splenic vein..

I have searched these froums several times for Hypertension and Portal Vein Thrombosis. Hypertension is common and also common for people who suffered from Hypertension in the service. I was diagnosed with Ypertension and treated fro it and also for chemical exposure while int he USAF. But I also suffer from Portal Vein Thrombosis along with the hypertension. It is in my claim and appeal. I am curious if others have Thrombosis too. I suffered from severe edema in the service from the jet fuel, and also suffer from it now. The swelling of the leggs (int he service I suffered from large swelling of my hands and arms from the chemicals.

When I had an operation on my pancreas I almost died and suffered greatly from edema and huge swelling of my extremeities along with severe swelling of my stomach and leggs and feet. The Throbmosis was so bad I spent 6 months on Heparin to try to unclogg the portal vein (the veins in the liver from the intestines). Has anyone else included thrombosis, edema, etc.. in their disability claim?

Just curious, as I have not found many people chatting much in these forums about these medical problems..

thanx,,

Edited by retiredat44

• Founder

In the service I had hypertension and was treated with Propranolol. I don't currently have the number handy,, too many papers to sort through.. I later had readings of my Blood Pressure of around 150, 120 for my blood pressure consistently..

then a few years later came the Thombosis diagnosis. and hospitalizations

I was diagnosed with Portal Vein Thombosis.. a few years back, and pancreatic disease..

I wil find out sooon when my latest NOD/Appeal, exams, and hearing for Comp and Pen are finished whether or not al this can be sorted and I can get my 50% increased to 100%. I have not been able to work for 15 years... I was just very curious about the hypertension, and all documents and service records have al this documentd and submitted..

Very complicated...

thanx for al the good info here and advice..