Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Award Letter

Rate this question

saturneptune

Question

In my award letter, I received 60% for coronary artery disease secondary to 10% hypertension. The letter said since I was likely to get better, I would have another exam in two years. My question is, if I do get better, does the rating revert to the 10% for hypertension (since it is obvious I will be on blood pressure medicine for life), or some in between? Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

In my award letter, I received 60% for coronary artery disease secondary to 10% hypertension. The letter said since I was likely to get better, I would have another exam in two years. My question is, if I do get better, does the rating revert to the 10% for hypertension (since it is obvious I will be on blood pressure medicine for life), or some in between? Thanks

I also heard sometimes the exams are sometimes forgotten to be scheduled on time or extended periods of time. Is this true, and if you do not remind them, do you have to pay back money if they reduce your rating?

• HadIt.com Elder

I also heard sometimes the exams are sometimes forgotten to be scheduled on time or extended periods of time. Is this true, and if you do not remind them, do you have to pay back money if they reduce your rating?

It is certainly not up to you to schedule your upcoming exams, nor is it your responsibility to do a "set-aside" of your montly benfits in preparation for having to pay back these benefits (as long as fraud, etc., is not involved). For them to reduce your rating, they will have to, first of all, notify you of their "proposed reduction" and then you will have a period of time to respond to their "proposal" and, in doing so, you should, unless you show marked improvement, be able to dissaude them from reducing you.

DO NOT become paranoid.

Thanks for the advice. I also came across a regulation pertaining to this in 38 CFR § 3.327(b)(2) saying anyone over 55 should not have a reevalution. Does anyone know anything about this?