VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Back From My Doctors Appointment.

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

I just got back from seeing my VA Doc. Why is it that when a clinic has a Doctor that is helping Veterans, the VA ends up firing them? I had an appointment with a fill in Doc and one of the things that I wanted to talk about was getting a new MRI for my back. My last one is 2 years old and only covered my Thorasic and Lumbar. The Doc said that things only get worse, they don't get better. Why do you want an MRI. I told him it was to help with my claim and he said the people in charge of the MRI will be upset with him ordering another MRI when my current one is only 2 years old. Anyone hear of this before?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

doctors at the va wil not give tests to help you support a claim... (through my experience..) you must be given a referal for a test for a problem that needs the test.. the doctor decides if you need the test..

I don't have much experience with my VA PCP but will shortly.

As well I/We don't know what all you told them but I would not say a word about any claim, however, I would explain my symptoms, daily living struggles and concerns for my health. This might not be enough as they might just want to cover the pain with meds. From my complaints of increasing pain my VA PCP did send me to the to the pain clinic and she had to have an up to date MRI. Up to dating being less than a year old. The pain clinic hasn't worked for me but just an idea.