Rate this question

HSpea43

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If this is a PTSD claim is the PH, CAR, or CIB on your DD 214? Chu Lai that too is way to google for other Chu Lai vets.

If so they VA almost 99% of the time will concede the stressor without verification or buddy statements etc.if the stressor os combat related.

Have you ever applied for a DD 215?

I will attach the form (DD 149)

When my husband did this, he found he had 4 more awards and decorations than he knew he had. (USMC Danang 65-66)

I dont know if this would get you a CAR or anything on the 215 but it never hurts to see if the Mil made a mistake on your original DD 214.

During the Vietnam War I am sure they made plenty of DD 214 errors.

If you do use this form just put Not Applicable on the Injustice part.

Yes Berta, there lots of mistakes made during the Vietnam war. I was a victum to attest to that. I was awarded the Bronze Star during my tour. During the time Pres Nixon started to downsize in 1970 I left nam 30days early. We were told that our orders would follow G0#129, this order does not exist, therefore I lost my right for the medal.

Yes Berta, there lots of mistakes made during the Vietnam war. I was a victum to attest to that. I was awarded the Bronze Star during my tour. During the time Pres Nixon started to downsize in 1970 I left nam 30days early. We were told that our orders would follow G0#129, this order does not exist, therefore I lost my right for the medal.

What is a 215? Guess I never had one of those....

• HadIt.com Elder

What is a 215? Guess I never had one of those....

a corrected 214

Are you looking for an Army unit, or a Marine Corps unit?

The 2d Bn, 11th Marines was in the Phu Bai area (Participated in the war in Vietnam May 1966-March 1971, operating from Chu Lai, Tam Ky, Hue/Phu Bai, Thon Back Thack, Cao Doi, An Hoa), and they were an artillery unit. Their website is http://www.i-mef.usm...2bn/default.asp.

The Army's 2d Bn, 11th Field Artillery is now part of the 2d BCT, 25th Infantry Division, stationed in Hawaii. According to what I could find, the 2nd Battalion arrived in Vietnam on 13 December 1966 and was initially assigned to II Field Forces and based at Dau Tieng. The battalion also served with Task Force Oregon and with the 23rd Artillery Group. In 1968 it was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. The 2nd Battalion participated in thirteen Vietnam campaigns receiving a Valorous Unit Award for Quang Ngai Province and two awards of the Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry. Battery C received a Presidential Unit Citation and a Valorous Unit Award. The 2nd Battalion departed Vietnam on 1 January 1972

I'm sure you can contact someone at either of these sites to put you in touch with veteran's groups from either unit. Hope this helps.

Edited by JustPLS

Are you looking for an Army unit, or a Marine Corps unit?

The 2d Bn, 11th Marines was in the Phu Bai area (Participated in the war in Vietnam May 1966-March 1971, operating from Chu Lai, Tam Ky, Hue/Phu Bai, Thon Back Thack, Cao Doi, An Hoa), and they were an artillery unit. Their website is http://www.i-mef.usm...2bn/default.asp.

The Army's 2d Bn, 11th Field Artillery is now part of the 2d BCT, 25th Infantry Division, stationed in Hawaii. According to what I could find, the 2nd Battalion arrived in Vietnam on 13 December 1966 and was initially assigned to II Field Forces and based at Dau Tieng. The battalion also served with Task Force Oregon and with the 23rd Artillery Group. In 1968 it was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. The 2nd Battalion participated in thirteen Vietnam campaigns receiving a Valorous Unit Award for Quang Ngai Province and two awards of the Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry. Battery C received a Presidential Unit Citation and a Valorous Unit Award. The 2nd Battalion departed Vietnam on 1 January 1972

I'm sure you can contact someone at either of these sites to put you in touch with veteran's groups from either unit. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. I am referring to the 2/11th FA that was attached to the 101st Abn Div. I was in this outfit from 1969-70. I was with C Btry.