Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Total & Permanent (help)

Rate this question

Mr C-rock

Question

I am a 80% TDIU Veteran that was rewarded back in March 2005. On my letter, it stated that I have a future exam in March of 2007. I have been in treatment for PTSD since 2002 in and out patience until present. On April I went to DAV to try to get an early C&P exam or a decision on my Total & Permanent. I have talked to my Doctor about signing a document that I got from DAV that states my condiction will not change to help me get Total & Permanent. But she will not sign it because she say i am still in treatment. They can see her notes. :mellow:

I am confused and do not know what to do or go. I am trying to get an earlier T&P becuase of several situation, I would like to give my daughter the ch 35 benefits to go to college before she will be to old to use it and also like to get married soon, but she is in college and could use my benefits also.

Where can i get help or do I have to wait until March 2007 B)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest DON20906

Bring as little VA attention to your case as possible at this point. A regards your therapist, if you don't know what's in her casenotes, don't show it to VA. You will get a future every couple of years for the next 5 or 6, then every 4 or 5, then VA will pretty much leave you alone.

How old is your daughter?

I am a 80% TDIU Veteran that was rewarded back in March 2005. On my letter, it stated that I have a future exam in March of 2007. I have been in treatment for PTSD since 2002 in and out patience until present. On April I went to DAV to try to get an early C&P exam or a decision on my Total & Permanent. I have talked to my Doctor about signing a document that I got from DAV that states my condiction will not change to help me get Total & Permanent. But she will not sign it because she say i am still in treatment. They can see her notes. :mellow:

I am confused and do not know what to do or go. I am trying to get an earlier T&P becuase of several situation, I would like to give my daughter the ch 35 benefits to go to college before she will be to old to use it and also like to get married soon, but she is in college and could use my benefits also.

C-Rock- has the VA Voc Rehab people ever turned you down for VocRehab saying it was not feasible due to your SC?

If so that is one potential piece of evidence that would have to consider for P & T.

Have you considered getting an independent medical opinion on your P & T Status ?

Do you get SSA disability for your SC disability? If so, there might be a medical statement in those files indicating that you are P & T.

I was in the same boat i received 70% and IU March o4 i filed a NOD and in Oct of 05 i was granted PT because i had been in treatment for 5 years and my condition did not change.. so they granted and went back to March 04