VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Records

Rate this question

mslynnclark

Question

I have decided to sign up for the Equifax gold. My home insurance has insurance to cover this however it will pay legal expenses not alert me when something is going on. I do believe I am going to send a bill for this service to the Department of Veteran Affairs. It will cost them $11.95 for 3 months and then $99.95 for a year. I believe I get a month free. The Equifax program watches all three agencies and then sends alerts to any changes. It has $20,000 coverage with no deduction and 24 hour customer service. My bank has asssured me that they will respond correctly if I watch my account closely which I do anyway.

This entire thing smells, I am angry that I am in this position and it is not my fault so I will be billing the Department of Veteran Affairs. I believe that they should supply every veteran on that disk (or disks) or computer, whatever their story is now, this service. Also they should take what money they can from the man that did this and his supervisor for allowing this to happen.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I agree with you Lynn-

the VA should pay any costs that a vet incurs to protect their records due to this mess.

Where are the letters to the 26,5 million vets?

Anyone got one yet?

Nicholson knew of this theft on May 3rd but didn't tell vets until days ago. If you have someone's SSA # you can go on line and get info-within minutes-

according to some of the sites on the web. Dont know if that works or not-

my point is -if someone knew what they were taking-within hours they could have targeted vets via their SSA numbers. The discs show the percertage of what some vets get in comp-

so the 100%ers maybe with SMC too- look like the most lucrative targets.

The VA employee's neighbor was interviewed by a local paper -he told this neighbor that the VA discs were hidden where you would think no one would find them.

But the thieves found them- there is more to this than we know yet.

The employee also said he was working from a data base to determine some demigraphics on vets-

hell -all he had to do was contact Knight Ridder News- or go to their info on vets that they got under the FOIA.It is all on the net.

Edited by Berta