Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Verterans Benifits

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello, I am the wife of a 100% T&P Veteran. Can i go back to school using his benefits??

I have been an LPN since 1985 and have only worked seasonal jobs in the last few years as i am unable to do the lifting anymore. Besides our hospitals are pretty much phasing out the LPN, So i was thinking of going back to school for RN.

Thanks Jessie

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello, I am the wife of a 100% T&P Veteran. Can i go back to school using his benefits??

I have been an LPN since 1985 and have only worked seasonal jobs in the last few years as i am unable to do the lifting anymore. Besides our hospitals are pretty much phasing out the LPN, So i was thinking of going back to school for RN.

Thanks Jessie

If your husband is 100% P & T, you should qualify for chapter 35 and ChampVA.

http://www.gibill.va...let_General.htm

When was your husband awarded his 100% P & T award?

Edited by pacmanx1

If your husband is 100% P & T, you should qualify for chapter 35 and ChampVA.

When was your husband awarded his 100% P & T award?

Hello Pete:

My husband was awarded his 100% P&T last year, I'm thinking in Sept. I am getting the ChampVa already. Was unsure about the chapter 35.

I will check into it.

Thanks,

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

can you get work as an RN if you can't lift patients? Most of the RN's I know usually wrestle alligators or bears for fun as the work is harder I know a few that had to go into administration to get out of handling patients since most hospitals are now dealing with digital records they can do those jobs I have a few friends that had to go that route as they couldn't handle picking anything up after hurting their backs and since they did it at work the facility basically had to find them a job they can physically handle or retire them

can you get work as an RN if you can't lift patients? Most of the RN's I know usually wrestle alligators or bears for fun as the work is harder I know a few that had to go into administration to get out of handling patients since most hospitals are now dealing with digital records they can do those jobs I have a few friends that had to go that route as they couldn't handle picking anything up after hurting their backs and since they did it at work the facility basically had to find them a job they can physically handle or retire them

Thanks Testvet:

I am kicking around several area's in Nursing. I am ready unsure what i want to do yet. I know i want to stay in the Nursing/Medical field. The lifting i can do, But since i did have a back injury several years ago and fusion of the 2 lower disk that are congenital. I know my limitations when it comes to lifting. I can do it if i darn well have too.

I'm looking into my Options

Jessie

You should be eligible. Nice to see you post again

Hey Pete good to hear from you again.

I am still trying to help my brother inlaw with his claims. I think we are getting closer to the finish line [ i hope] At least they did finally grant him C&P's last month.

I am also back to maybe starting another claim for my son on his Gerd and maybe his flat feet. Which i don't know really how to file on the flat feet since he did have " Mild " flat Feet" when he entered the Military.

He did get accepted into College on his Va Benefits and just took his finals this week and did very well, Came out of all his studies with an A+ in every class. Actually he found that he loves going back to school after 20+ years since high school.

He is at a place in his life that he wouldn't have been at if it hadn't been for Hadit and all the advice and guidence we have gotten from all the members of Hadit!!! For all of you i am blessed to have had you !!

Jessie