Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fiduciary Forms Program Guide

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

I need some research help finding specific VA forms (see list below) - I'm coming up blank using the usual online resources.

I assumed that all VA forms are supposed to be available to the public but either the ones I am looking for are not available or I simply can't figure out how to find them. Given I am not the best computer user, it could well be the later.

I have been following the series on fiduciaries at VAWatchdog.org and wanted to understand the program better. Got to the M21-1MR, Part XI Fiduciary and need to read through that.

I also found online the Fiduciary Forms Program Guide (ffpg) at: www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/guide/ffpguide.doc

However, the actual forms are not in the ffpg, just instructions on how to fill them out. When I went to look up the 21 forms that the ffpg references, I could only find 4 of them. I looked online at the VA website, GSA forms library, and the government forms website www.forms.gov. Of course, I got the GSA and forms.gov sites from the VA site so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised I couldn't find anything more at those sites than I did at the VA site but I still hoped that I could locate the VA forms online. Then I searched for several of the forms individually and still couldn't find them. Now I'm just flat frustrated.

Here's a list of the VA Forms that I'm looking for. Please don't refer me to the VA, GSA, or US forms search page unless you've found one or more of these forms yourself. If you do, please let me know the EXACT way to search for them because I couldn't find them.

Topic

1. Overview

2. VA Form 21-0509: Notice of Fiduciary Commission

3. VA Form 21-0520: Certificate of Commissions Approval

4. VA Form 21-555a: Designation of Payee

5. VA Form 21-555: Certificate of Legal Capacity to Receive and Disburse Benefits

6. VA Form 21-592: Request for Appointment of a Fiduciary, Custodian or Guardian

7. VA Form 21-0792: Fiduciary Statement in Support of Appointment

8. VA Form 21-3045: Estate Action Record

9. VA Form 21-3190: Minor Beneficiary Field Examination Request and Report

10. VA Form 21-3537a: Field Examination Request

11. VA Form 21-3537b: Field Examination Report

12. VA Form 21-4703: Fiduciary Agreement

13. VA Form 21-4706: Court Appointed Fiduciary’s Accounting

14. FOUND - VA Form 21-4706b: Federal Fiduciary Account

15. FOUND - VA Form 21-4706c: Court Appointed Fiduciary’s Accounting

16. VA Form 21-4707: Estate Summary

17. FOUND - VA Form 21-4709: Certificate as to Assets

18. VA Form 21-4716a: Adult Beneficiary Field Examination Request and Report

19. VA Form 21-4718: Account Book

20. FOUND - VA Form 21-4718a: Certificate of Balance on Deposit and Authorization to Disclose Financial Records

21. VA Form 21-8473: Withdrawal Agreement

22. VA Pamphlet 21-05-1: Federal Fiduciary Program Pocket Folder

Thanks for the help.

TS Snave

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

ts,

Some of these forms are internal VA forms and not listed on the internet.

If you live close enough to a VARO you might want to go there in person

and see if you can get your hands on them.

Carlie,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I didn't realize that the VA had any internal forms. If they are in the M21-1MR or the Fudicuary Guide that you can read online you'd think the forms themselves would be in the public domain. Going to the VARO is not an option.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

TS

Bump -

Do we have anyone currently posting on the board who is either working for the VA or a VSO located in a VARO that could give me some insight as to how to get internal VA forms other than going to the VARO? Makes no sense to me the VA would post the Fiduciary Forms Guide that tells you how to fill out the forms but not have the forms themselves online.

Thanks,

TS

I was able to find a couple of the forms on www.forms.gov, then by clicking on "forms by agency" then on "VA". The site lists 157 forms. I guess you've already tried the forms search tool available on the VA's website at this location.

Good luck!

Edited by JustPLS