VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ftca Claim Question

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I dont remember what the topic was called but I attached the SF 95-

also -anyone filing FTCA-I suggest you state under question 8 - just as I did-

I stated clearly that the veteran's VA medical evidence revealed inappropriate treatment, medication, and misdiagnosis that was inconsistent with known medical practices in the standard medical community,and as a result of those actions, the veteran had died.

You will need additional pages -there isnt much room on the SF 95 to explain your whole claim.

As witnesses- I listed every VA doctor who malpracticed against my husband.

Property Damage Part 9 and 10 is not applicable -this is if a VA van hits you or something like that-

12, 12 a and 12 b and total- ask them for MILLIONS.

When you explain Part 10-Personal Injury or death-

give them the dates and explanations of the malpractice.

Then tell them what the resulting disabilties are that this negligence caused.

Get all med records first before you send this in- otherwise it will be too late and they will not send them to you-

You dont have to attach a lot of med recs to the SF 95- I only attached a few.

I kept it as simple as I could.

I listed every instance I felt was malpractice- I was only wrong on one.

Days before Rod died they sent him someone else meds by mistake and he took them-he was visually impaired-and I remember he said gee they changed them-they were the same pills-but he must have meant the dosage- ironically-these were the same meds but a much higher doseage-and VACO stated he should have been on this dosage or higher dosage all along.In that way the meds contributed to his death.

I thought this pharmacy error contributed to his death but it didnt-yet it highlighted that his HBP med was never the right amount.

they could have killed the other vet-too-they didnt want to give him more meds and I had given the coroner his

meds from the VA. Luckily I had written his name down from the bottle and I called him.I had to raise hell over there at the VAMC to get this vet his meds-he said he went there 3 times begging them and they did not believe he didnt get them (until I showed up at the VAMC and told them of their error and that I was going to sue them for Rods death- (that was sure not their best day at the Bath VA)

Keep in short on the FTCA claim- they will get in touch with you for what else you need to send.

Who asked this question?

Edited by Berta

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet