Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Degenerative Ankle Diseae And Achillies Tindnitis!

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

I have been stuck at 10% for my degeneratie ankle disease with achillies tendnitis! My range of motion ws 10% to 20 % on plantar flexion! tThey said that the ydidnt give me 20% becasue thier wasnt a marked limited of motion of the ankle? 10% TO 20% is not much of a plantar flexion right??marked limittaion? some vet told me i need to tell them about my flare ups and how it effects me during that time?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have been stuck at 10% for my degeneratie ankle disease with achillies tendnitis! My range of motion ws 10% to 20 % on plantar flexion! tThey said that the ydidnt give me 20% becasue thier wasnt a marked limited of motion of the ankle? 10% TO 20% is not much of a plantar flexion right??marked limittaion? some vet told me i need to tell them about my flare ups and how it effects me during that time?

Not knowing much about your claim I'd have to recommend that you see an ortho doctor and show them the rating criteria and ask them for an opinion. Basically a Nexus. I don't know if this is a recent denial (within 1 year), if it is remember you have a year from the date stamped on the denial letter to file a NOD. Use the time to develope your claim. I recommend asking for a DRO hearing so you can present your case and answer any questions the DRO has.

JMO,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

rgero,

1) I'd go to the VAMC - ER every time I had a "flare up" and get the ROM documented

by a medical professional (?)

OR

2) I'd go get an IME and an IMO.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Rgero,

As others stated it's tough to offer advice without knowledge of the entire case history. However, I will tell you this. I have been 10% right foot and 0% left foot since 1996. I have post fractures of the third metatarsals, severe pes cavus, severe equinus. I also like you have barely any ROM in the ankle area. I finally got an attorney to look into this because it has been on appeal since 2000. They found that based on VA law I should have been rated 40% - 50% combined for both feet since 1996.

The problem with the VA and feet / ankles is the regs are so spotty. I have been rated under foot injuries, other since SC. I would be willing to review your case offline if you'd like. If not I'd suggest a lawyer. I have studied VA law since I got out in 96 and feel I am very knowledgeable but I have learned sometimes getting an attorney is the only way your going to get your true rating. In my case the back pay should be hefty so 20% isn't that bad. They also don't get a dime if they lose. I can also refer some attorney's to you if you'd like. Good luck.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington