Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attn: Anyone That Worked As A Rater, I Have A Question

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Hi,

I need to ask a rater that has worked VA Disability Claims a question. Please.

I am unable to talk to anyone until a hearing from my filed NOD.

I received a denial that makes no sense and I cannot make any sense of it unless I can speak to someone. The VA is setup so that no one will answer questions.

I was not only sick from Jet Fuel, but also Leaded Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, and also Trichlorethylene. These are Known carcinogens. These are clearly included in my claim from my jobs in the military and in my submitted IMO (Independent Medical Opinion).

The decision denied my claim saying that Jet Fuel was not a carcinigen, and there was no study about it in my IMO. Yet my claim covered all the chemicals, and so did the IMO.

Question, Why did they totally omit any mention of al the other chemicals in my denial letter and reasons. Did they puposely omit all the other chemicals, were they negligent? Did they screw up and not see all the chemicals and did not assocoiate them, with my jobs? I am at a totaly losss and dumbfounded how such a blunder could occur. I cannot find out what the hell is going on until some hearing in the future. I need soemone with inside knowledge what these 'people' are thinking, if they are thinking, or just mean and rotten..

By the way, my IMO is impeccable and has worked for the VA before, and her work is in toxicology, and also specializes in toxic chemicals for the petroleum industy. She has a practice iin Occupation medicine.

I covered my bases. Yet, I got raked and really, really need to know what went wrong. I have tried to get help with the American Legion who is helping me with my claims, and appeals, but they tell me until the hearing, they cannot help me find out anything.

What the hell is going on with people?? What is up with al the back stabbing? Are people just totally incompetent? Purposely rotten? (sorry, I have just about reached my limit trying to communicate with the VA).

I already posted my decison in another link:

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I just wrote a letter and e-mailed it to my congressman, I did not make it long, as if they say they will help, I will send a more formal document with more details, for now I gave him the basics of my concerns about the VA disability claim and the total ommittance of the chemicals in my claim and no reason why they were not address in the decision.

I appreciate you guys listenening to me freaking out..

thank you,

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie brings up a very good point. Involving your elected officials will most likely slow down the adjudication of the claim and do little to nothing to help. Congressional s must be answered in 30 days, so what happens is that someone at the R/O will quickly pull your claim file, examine what actions took place and the current status. They'll type up a report and have it signed by a manager and then send it off to Washington. Basically, the response given will be a short description what you might already reported to your congressman (without your personal insight). Then you will get sent the same relayed letter from the staff of your congressman. Anther fact is that an aid working for your congressman will handle the congressional without it ever coming to the attention of the congressman. On very rare occasions have I seen or heard of a congressional helping a claim, its simply a functional process that takes time away from your claim adjudication.

I just wrote (typed, as my hands shake so bad I have to use the computer... to type everything..) a letter to my Congressman using regular postal mail. I downloaded the form (form his website) for for people living in his district. He is Darell Issa. I filled out most the form, like my name, but then attached copies a a letter. of course I did not include medical records and stuff, that would be stupid, but I did attach necessay info.. and some copies of documents that will help.

I can only hope he can get a reasonable answer why they ignored three out of four chemicals that are a must to use on the job... and was soaking in them daily (literally soaked clothing..)

wet hands... lungs full of vapor..

my wife was crying when she found out what they are doing to me..

=========

I just wrote a letter and e-mailed it to my congressman, I did not make it long, as if they say they will help, I will send a more formal document with more details, for now I gave him the basics of my concerns about the VA disability claim and the total ommittance of the chemicals in my claim and no reason why they were not address in the decision.

I appreciate you guys listenening to me freaking out..

thank you,