Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Here is the link to the final bill from the House of Representatives page.

Looks to me like the increase will ONLY take effect if a similar bill covering Social Security is passed which I'm pretty sure isn't gonna happen. Maybe I'm reading this paragraph wrong. Bold type is done to the original text by me.

© DETERMINATION OF INCREASE.—

(1) PERCENTAGE.—Except as provided in paragraph (2),each dollar amount described in subsection (b) shall be

increased by the same percentage as the percentage by which

benefit amounts payable under title II of the Social Security

Act (42 U.S.C. 401 et seq.) are increased effective December

1, 2010, as a result of a determination under section 215(i)

of such Act (42 U.S.C. 415(i)).

Here is the link:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h4667enr.txt.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Its BS Same Old Cola as passed every year It started out as a Bill anbd the tables copied are Feb 2010 and had no chance in hell for passing. This Bilol is simply what the Cola will be and the estimate is will cost 70 million.

The rate tables were a dream sheet that never had a chance. Mixing the old with the new Cola is a good way to get in trouble on this Board.

Please be sure of your facts.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The House of Representatives and the Senate has passed this bill, the only thing pending is the President's signature. Check out the numbers!!!

Hey alphahec,

This is the second time today that I have seen this PDF file, but the other topic had three additional pages. Where did you get it from? The other poster said it was obtained from a 'reliable inside source', but refused to disclose the source. I noticed that this pdf document was created today by a Xerox WorkCentre 7675, which is a different source from the other document. I'm curious if it was printed from the other topic and then scanned in and re-posted as a single page. It would be nice to try to find out the original source of the file.

Thanks

I agree with you Pete. After spending the last 20 minutes looking it up it appears to just be the old COLA tied to SS COLA which we all know is tied to the CPI which we all know hasn't gone up.

I thought that those tables looked a little sketchy as it is from the 1st session of the 2010 Congress and has no letterhead.

Not trying to beat up on you alphahec, just this subject comes up every year on here and causes all kinds of commotion. The Pres will sign it, look pro vet and then the CPI will come out and we will remain static.