Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva Will Work In Other Countries

Rate this topic

Pete53

• HadIt.com Elder

I was visiting with one of the nicer CSR's at ChampVA about some billing on wife that is hung up and after I finished I asked if her ChampVA would pay if we move to Mexico. It seems that it will but it will be hard to get providers to bill ChampVA we will probably have to pay cash and be reimbursed.

Another shot at leaving hot weather and high property taces.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was visiting with one of the nicer CSR's at ChampVA about some billing on wife that is hung up and after I finished I asked if her ChampVA would pay if we move to Mexico. It seems that it will but it will be hard to get providers to bill ChampVA we will probably have to pay cash and be reimbursed.

Another shot at leaving hot weather and high property taces.

I don't think it will cover in other countries (in regards to having the doctor submit the insurance, a hospital may do it), but you should be able to get reimbursed for your expenses. The only hurdle I can think of may be the language barrier, since everything would be in Spanish. I am sure they have someone at ChampVa who can read and speak Spanish, but they may use it as an excuse.

I know when I was a kid, we where visiting my grandparents in Canada and I got sick. So my parents to me to my grandparent's doctor. My dad was going to file with Champus, but the charge was something like $20, so he just skipped it.

• 9 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Double check the information given with CHAMPVA. My recollection is that all hospital claims have to have a Medicare provider number on them and this may be true of doctor and clinic claims also. I suspect that Medicare provider numbers are not issued to medical providers outside the U.S. and its territories.