Question On Sexual Assault Trauma - TRIGGERS

Rate this question

airdale

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just trying to get this service connected is going to be a haul if you ask me. In your particular place if the appeal is denied and you still want to pursue it I would recommend you get a good lawyer.

And here is the reason why. Because this occurred so many years ago and there is no paper work or witnesses and from what I read you have no names and for that matter not even the exact location or time. This is asking the government to take your word for an awful lot. I am not trying to dissuade you and if you have come this long I doubt that I could. But put yourself in the governments position. That also will help you in maybe getting this done.

Also go back and read your decision somewhere in the decision the government is telling you what you need to do to get this awarded. Post what they feel they need and maybe we can help with that.

The main thing that I think comes out of claims like this is the reality that no matter how much you hate it and the horrible thought of this crap happening. Those that do not report it when it happens or soon after have a very hard road to haul.

I served in the late 60's-70's and maybe I was just naive to what was going on around me but I served in a war zone and for the life of me don't think I met another American that would have done harm to me. Lucky I guess but when we look at the complexity of military life and the scope (world wide) and with the sexual stuff going on in it nothing will be done until those that are assaulted come forward every single time something like this happens!!

Thank you for your service and I too am very sorry for what you had to go through back then and what you having to go through now but I do wish you the BEST and thank you for your service to our country!!

Edited by airdale

I read that case you provided, and I don't think it fits well with my case because I do have medical reports from the time of the incident. My C-File was incomplete and contained many documents from other service members, I wonder what happened to documents that were missing from my C-File, but there were some documents that did show I was in to visit doctors because of the attack -- they just don't say SA. I don't know why but they just didn't mention it, but they do mention the symptoms I reported.

I wrote up a report on my stressors and triggers at the request of POA. My biggest problem obtaining documents has been with Naval Investigative Service. They interviewed me as I explained, I know that they did and there was an investigation. My supervisor said they were trying to find out if I was gay, which I know they did not and this is validated by honorable discharge. NIS will not provide any documents to me, and it's mainly because I did not know the nature of the investigation. I heard somewhere that commands sometimes locked these files. Another factor is that NIS is no longer existent, it's called something else now NCIS or something else.

I read that case you provided, and I don't think it fits well with my case because I do have medical reports from the time of the incident.

air,

I did not post that BVA claim because I thought it "fit well" with your case.

I posted that BVA claim inorder to show you

(since your trying to get a MST/Personal Assault claim issue granted)

what ALTERNATIVE information / evidence the VA is supposed to consider,

when the assault was not reported and documented during AD.

Thank you, I will read it totally.

air,

I did not post that BVA claim because I thought it "fit well" with your case.

I posted that BVA claim inorder to show you

(since your trying to get a MST/Personal Assault claim issue granted)

what ALTERNATIVE information / evidence the VA is supposed to consider,

when the assault was not reported and documented during AD.

but there were some documents that did show I was in to visit doctors because of the attack -- they just don't say SA.

I don't know why but they just didn't mention it, but they do mention the symptoms I reported.

air,

"there were some documents that did show I was in to visit doctors because of the attack".

What do the "documents" you are referring to, state ?

What "symptoms" are recorded in the active duty SMR's/STR's ?