Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Asthma

Rate this question

tyson123

Question

Posted Today, 06:25 PM

even though my latest pft showed 40.3 fvc and 38.3 fev they still denied me a 60% rating. they stated that since I had a fev1/fvc of 74.8. The letter goes on to state a higher evaluation of 60% is not warranted unless there is a fev1 of 40-55. my fev was 38.3???? The letter also only mentioned my asmanex, foradil combivent; They did not mention 3 types of allergy meds, my need for nebulizer 3x a day and my usage or oral predisone even though though I only used it once because it messed my immune system . What should I respond with sure could use some advise comrades..

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

New member here but I would def do a nod for a DRO hearing and would black out personal info and post your rating letter reasons/basis section as well as the c&p exam with personal info removed of course. Good luck & wait for the pros here to respond.

Posted Today, 06:25 PM

even though my latest pft showed 40.3 fvc and 38.3 fev they still denied me a 60% rating. they stated that since I had a fev1/fvc of 74.8. The letter goes on to state a higher evaluation of 60% is not warranted unless there is a fev1 of 40-55. my fev was 38.3???? The letter also only mentioned my asmanex, foradil combivent; They did not mention 3 types of allergy meds, my need for nebulizer 3x a day and my usage or oral predisone even though though I only used it once because it messed my immune system . What should I respond with sure could use some advise comrades..

tyson,

What is the date of the Rating Decision that denied the increase to 60 percent ?

What is the date of the medical evidence that shows, "my latest pft showed 40.3 fvc and 38.3 fev".

Is this specific medical evidence contained within the Rating Decision that denied your claim for increase ?

Sometimes, we think they have all of the medical evidence (records) and they do not.

They do not continue ordering medical records throughout the adjudication process unless

you specifically let them know that updated records exist.