Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Payment Update

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Tom Philpott's article here is the first status of this situation on the internet-

you can comment at the article's email link if you wish-

In Part:

"Though the first batch of payments did go out midweek, the relatively small number — about 1,300 claims worth $8 million — reinforced the fact that the process for calculating retroactive payments is timely and complex.

The VA expects to produce a steady stream of rating decisions and payments each week for these diseases, perhaps in the thousands. But there will not be a November geyser of checks as some veterans had hoped.

Most of 163,000 veterans or survivors with pending claims for these diseases should expect a longer wait, at least several more months. The VA goal is to have all these claims processed and paid by October next year."

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/nov/06/tom-philpott-paying-new-agent-orange-claims-a/#ixzz14VVNbYJF

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I read this this morning and it while a good definition of where the VA is I did not particularly like it much.

The VA has a glitch in its computer program and they can not change/fix it so the claims could have been worked and vets told they had been rated and so told what their payment will be in Nov. 2010???

Just another way to make vets wait if you ask me!

Now that they have waited they are saying OH wait a minute these denied claims are really complex? They really do create their on problems.

I am not satisfied with this the way it is and I hope NVSLP puts a little bit of heat under thier buns to get them moving! Excuses are a dime a dozen with the VA solutions are nowhere to be found!

How many more deserving veterans must die without their proper healthcare and compensation??

I would suggest that all veterans that suffer from heart disease sign up for health care and at least get some help!

This does not surprise me at all.

VA stated last year that over 1700 people were going to be working on these claims, that IBM had developed a super fast claims scanning system for them as well ,and that when that idea went south, Sec Shenseki sought another contractor to work on these claims----

it just looked to me that -again- vets will be forced to wait.

Certainly if a vet can send them a well developed claim that includes any recent METS level records and copies of any ECHO they had or if they have private cardio care and their doctor uses the new C & Ps VA has prepared for private docs, (this goes for the Parkinsons and Hairy Cell B vets too), then the veteran is definitely staving off some time in getting their AO claim processed.

Some of these IHD claims will require staged ratings.Particularly those with a past EED due to a past denial.

And many claims have not even been filed yet-adding to the future pile-

Yes, NVLSP might have to put some fire under their butts.

But NVLSP's greatest concern,I think, is that the proper retro payments are going to be made.

The Philpott article is also at the NVLSP web site.

With VA Watchdog publications ceasing, Tom is the next best source for the nitty gritty on the new AO claim situation.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.