Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confidence With Proof Of Nexus For Disability

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Confidence with proof of nexus for disability. I really feel confident I will win in DRO hearing. I feel that my last VSO just did not state the facts clearly enough. It was partly my fault because I should have watched what he wrote on my claims forms more closely. I just was extremely sick. I did not catch the bad wordage until the claim was denied, and then I saw why it was denied. I have the evidence and nexus.

My question are to everyone:

How confident were you that you had enough evidence and nexus?

How many people were extremely confident and still lost, and at which point has your claim stopped, and not yet approved?

How many were less than confident but just hung on and got approved anyways..

Is feeling confident a bad thing, does that make you loose sight and feel to confident?

The reason is I have the nexus, the wording has been corrected in my appeal, I have an IMO, and I read several BVA decisions that closely resemble my case, and they make my case look very good.

I had direct long term exposue and contact with toxic chemicals, which made me sick, and was treated for the illness and injuries while on active duty. My IMO Nexus came from a toxicolgist that specializes in the toxic chemisals and illnesses.

The VA doctors diagnosed me with several illnesses related to toxic chemical exposure.

I am already rated at 50% for chemical exposure from my claim 15 years ago.

I have legal help with a VSO.

What do you guys think about all that I have going?

What am I missing?

I have three more weeks before my DRO hearing..

thanx.

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I believed in my claim and felt it was just do to time before I was awarded what I felt I was deserved to be. By awarding me "housebound" SMCs I was floored.

My confidence in dealing with the VA is led by just giving them what they say they need to approve and pointing that out in my medical evidence clearly. IF you have done that and believe in it convincing the rater should be OK.

Edited by stillhere

I believed in my claim and felt it was just do to time before I was awarded what I felt I was deserved to be. By awarding me "housebound" SMCs I was floored.

My confidence in dealing with the VA is led by just giving them what they say they need to approve and pointing that out in my medical evidence clearly. IF you have done that and believe in it convincing the rater should be OK.

A few more questions..

I can either just review my duties and explain the chemicals that got me sick, or I can go over all my duties. In their denial they did not understand all of my job, the totally ignored all my job functions, they ignored almost all the chemicals I worked with. I did a lot of manual labor too. I think they have no clue what my job was.

Do I need to go over every detail? I really thought the Claims people had descriptions of people MOS's (USAF the jobs are AFSC's). That is a huge problem when the claims people have no clue what jobs are.. how can they judge people's jobs if they have no clue what the jobs did?

Do I need to take out all my USAF medical treatment records, and explain why, when, where? I thought they had access to the medical records. Plus I have a big problem reading the doctor's writing. Back then they did not use computers.

I hope my questions make sense and people with experience with hearings can tel me what I need to do to tell my story. If I don't need to explain info that is already on the record that might help save time for information that I might miss...

thanx..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg