Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question?

Rate this question

doogie

Question

I was wondering what everyone thinks, so here goes.

I got a call from my heart DR the nurse said the DR needed to see me as soon as possible to discuss immediatly replacing my defibrilator and pacemaker

with a new defib and pacemaker that has pump for my heart also.

I asked her if this was a dangerous procedure and she said yes and my heart was abought to stop pumping at any time and it needed to be implanted as soon as possible.

Now i have had this defib and pacemaker surgery before and it was scary. but i did not get a pump

GOD and to think the VA has been denying my heart claim since 1984 with them saying i had a congenital condition upon entering service which they have no proof of.In 1994 the VA said there was reason to belive i didn't have a bicuspid valve,that was the denial ever since . I just had a new kind of sonagram that proves all the valves are there and they were putting the test results in the mail today proving they lied to me again.

Now the questions are

1. should i request a expidition of my claims, considering the seriousness of the surgery OR POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS AFTEWARD?

2. Is there a form i should use.

3. I could easily die in this operation ,should i get a VA lawyer and familiarize him with my claim should something happen?

4. Will getting a VA lawyer help my wife if something happens to me.

5. Should i file a cue on the heart claim?

Any info will be helpful and i am sorry to keep ,asking but lord knows with all my study and research i still feel dumber than a slug.

Seem like everthing just gets more confusing alll the time.

GOD BLESS YOU MY VETERAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I was wondering what everyone thinks, so here goes.

I got a call from my heart DR the nurse said the DR needed to see me as soon as possible to discuss immediatly replacing my defibrilator and pacemaker

with a new defib and pacemaker that has pump for my heart also.

I asked her if this was a dangerous procedure and she said yes and my heart was abought to stop pumping at any time and it needed to be implanted as soon as possible.

Now i have had this defib and pacemaker surgery before and it was scary. but i did not get a pump

GOD and to think the VA has been denying my heart claim since 1984 with them saying i had a congenital condition upon entering service which they have no proof of.In 1994 the VA said there was reason to belive i didn't have a bicuspid valve,that was the denial ever since . I just had a new kind of sonagram that proves all the valves are there and they were putting the test results in the mail today proving they lied to me again.

Now the questions are

1. should i request a expidition of my claims, considering the seriousness of the surgery OR POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS AFTEWARD?

2. Is there a form i should use.

3. I could easily die in this operation ,should i get a VA lawyer and familiarize him with my claim should something happen?

4. Will getting a VA lawyer help my wife if something happens to me.

5. Should i file a cue on the heart claim?

Any info will be helpful and i am sorry to keep ,asking but lord knows with all my study and research i still feel dumber than a slug.

Seem like everthing just gets more confusing alll the time.

GOD BLESS YOU MY VETERAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Expediting your claim do to surgery coming up I believe can be done by sending your RO A letter explaining the situation. I don't believe there is a form but if so some one will come along and correct me.

If you do pass your wife will have to apply for DIC but the claims that are in now if granted the compensation and all the retro will go to her. Make sure she is aware of all your claims that are in and if you are using a VSO leave her the contact info.

Now as far as your operation I feel you will be fine! These are done all the time without any complications so I would rest a little easy. It is very important to have it done but again they are done all the time with success!

now go and enjoy your Veteran's Day you certainly deserve it!