Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lower Back & Knees Rom

Rate this question

Guest crazydeej

Question

Guest crazydeej

MY ROM ARE FORWARD FLEX 35%, EXTENSION 5%, RT LATERAL 10%, LT LATERAL IS 20%, LT ROTATION IS 30%, RT ROTATION IS 20%

L5-L1 LOWER BACK IS LIMITED BY PAIN AND SOME MUSCLE SPASM.

NEUROLOGICAL FINDINGS IS LASHEGUE SIGH WAS POSITIVE FOR THE LOWER RT LEG.

DIAGNOSIS: STATUS POST LUMBAR STRAIN, DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE AT L5-L1 BY XRAY, WITH RESIDUAL PAIN AND LIMITATION OF MOTION, WITH SENSORY LUMBAR RADICULOPATHY OF THE RIGHT LOER EXTREMITY AT THIS EXAM.

MY ROM FOR MY KNEE IS EXTENSION 0% IS PAIN, FLEXION 90% AND CAN'T FLEX BECAUSE OF PAIN. CREPITATION ON MOTION IS NOTED. hIS RT KNEE CONDITION LIMITED HIS ABILITY IN DOING SQUATTING, HEAVY LIFTING, AND PROLONGED WALKING. HE AVOIDS SPORTS AND RUNNING BECAUSE OF THE RIGHT KNEE AND LOWER BACK CONDITION.

HIS WIFE HELPS HIM TAKE OFF AND PUT ON IS SHOES AND SOCKS. THE VET HAS NOT BEEN WORKING SINCE 2003.

WHAT DO YOU EXPERTS THINK THIS RATING WILL BE FOR MY KNEE & BACK?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Guest KDodge

Dear Crazydeej,

Just a note about Degenerative Disks:

While the DOVA acknowledge that my husband had DDD, they rated him at 0% because his service records were “lost” and they could not prove “service connection”.

My husband has not worked in some time either, however I suggest that you get copies of anything the DOVA is willing to acknowledge in your case, even if there is a 0% rating.

By keeping meticulous records we were able to get the SSA to acknowledge his DDD which played a great role in being awarded a benefit through them. (SSA)

• HadIt.com Elder

When I went through SSD there was a requirement that DDD be diagnosed by MRI. Xray was not sufficient. When going to SSI it is best to get an attorney if you were denied the first time. SSD or SSI does has not duty to assist and does not develop your claim if you have a qualifying disease yet the improper support they will deny it and not tell ytou the nesessary tests to submit.

Hoppy

Dear Crazydeej,

Just a note about Degenerative Disks:

While the DOVA acknowledge that my husband had DDD, they rated him at 0% because his service records were “lost” and they could not prove “service connection”.

My husband has not worked in some time either, however I suggest that you get copies of anything the DOVA is willing to acknowledge in your case, even if there is a 0% rating.

By keeping meticulous records we were able to get the SSA to acknowledge his DDD which played a great role in being awarded a benefit through them. (SSA)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I went through SSD there was a requirement that DDD be diagnosed by MRI. Xray was not sufficient. When going to SSI it is best to get an attorney if you were denied the first time. SSD or SSI does has not duty to assist and does not develop your claim if you have a qualifying disease yet the improper support they will deny it and not tell ytou the nesessary tests to submit.

Hoppy

"Lost" SMRs? - If the VA said that I suggest you go to the NARA web site and file a SF 180- I never believe the VA when they say the SMRs were lost unless the veteran fully falls into the St Louis list of 'lost records'-which the VA will mention in their response.

But one should still check those dates on the St Louis Fire lost list.

Guest Bill Smith

KDodge:

If the VA rated your husband at 0%, he .IS. service connected for that condition. It just isn't severe enough to warrant compensation at the time of the award.

I had similar problems getting my left degenerative knee rated. I was 20% in 2003 why i did NOD. BVA remanded the appeal back to RO and I am now awaiting a decision. I have since filed secondary claims for my right knee, lower back, ankles and depression due to pain. I am waiting to see if they will schedule exams for these conditions.

MY ROM ARE FORWARD FLEX 35%, EXTENSION 5%, RT LATERAL 10%, LT LATERAL IS 20%, LT ROTATION IS 30%, RT ROTATION IS 20%

L5-L1 LOWER BACK IS LIMITED BY PAIN AND SOME MUSCLE SPASM.

NEUROLOGICAL FINDINGS IS LASHEGUE SIGH WAS POSITIVE FOR THE LOWER RT LEG.

DIAGNOSIS: STATUS POST LUMBAR STRAIN, DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE AT L5-L1 BY XRAY, WITH RESIDUAL PAIN AND LIMITATION OF MOTION, WITH SENSORY LUMBAR RADICULOPATHY OF THE RIGHT LOER EXTREMITY AT THIS EXAM.

MY ROM FOR MY KNEE IS EXTENSION 0% IS PAIN, FLEXION 90% AND CAN'T FLEX BECAUSE OF PAIN. CREPITATION ON MOTION IS NOTED. hIS RT KNEE CONDITION LIMITED HIS ABILITY IN DOING SQUATTING, HEAVY LIFTING, AND PROLONGED WALKING. HE AVOIDS SPORTS AND RUNNING BECAUSE OF THE RIGHT KNEE AND LOWER BACK CONDITION.

HIS WIFE HELPS HIM TAKE OFF AND PUT ON IS SHOES AND SOCKS. THE VET HAS NOT BEEN WORKING SINCE 2003.

WHAT DO YOU EXPERTS THINK THIS RATING WILL BE FOR MY KNEE & BACK?