Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exposure To Lsd Or Other Psychogenic Drugs,

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

On reading a Senate Report on the Use of Veterans in secret drug tests with out their informed consent or records of such events being recorded in their medical charts, it came to mind in my case, don't ask me how, but it did.

While a Navy Corpsman, I was stationed at a Drug Rehab Center for returning Marines and Naval personel, mostly from Vietnam. Most were their under a Drug Amnesty program that would allow them an Honorable discharge from the Service.

It has come to my mind, that my duty post was inherently dangerous to a possiblity that I or some other duty personal could have been exposed to a non intentional drug injestion by accident or on purpose by one of the patients. This was not a locked ward and liberty was generally given once an intake and evaluation was done with at least one visit to a psychiatrist and group session with other pathients.

I claimed at one point in my enlistment that I had been exposed to some type of hallucinogenic, only making note of this exposure soon after reporting to a new duty station that I had made a request for.

Is it possible to show service connection for such an exposure, with only having the duty station at this Drug Rehab Center, as your only proof that the likelyhood of the event happened, in light of no other evidence to prove the fact?

Jim S. B)

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question