• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Form 21-8940 ; When To Submit?

Rate this question

autumn

Question

was SC'd for MS last year.

recent C&P said i was 100% disabled.

pva is in process of getting exams for secondary issues (so i'm told)

pva is in process of establishing CUE

q1. when is the time right to submit a VA Form 21-8940? does one wait til all the secondary, etc stuff is done?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You can send it in anytime. I;m not sure when or if it was a training letter or what that told us that we (raters) now don't even need the 8940 is we see enuff info to grant IU on a schedular basis in the evidence, schedular being a single disability at 60% or several disabilities, one of which is at LEAST 40%, that combine to a 70%. And if the examiner states there is unemployability, we have evidence you haven't been working/are not gainfully employed, and as we finish rating your claims we see that you would merit it, we are granting it anyay. But to answer your question, if you have it, go ahead & submit it. It helps your claim & it helps the rater by providing more info to enable us to grant.

was SC'd for MS last year.

recent C&P said i was 100% disabled.

pva is in process of getting exams for secondary issues (so i'm told)

pva is in process of establishing CUE

q1. when is the time right to submit a VA Form 21-8940? does one wait til all the secondary, etc stuff is done?

You can send it in anytime. I;m not sure when or if it was a training letter or what that told us that we (raters) now don't even need the 8940 is we see enuff info to grant IU on a schedular basis in the evidence, schedular being a single disability at 60% or several disabilities, one of which is at LEAST 40%, that combine to a 70%. And if the examiner states there is unemployability, we have evidence you haven't been working/are not gainfully employed, and as we finish rating your claims we see that you would merit it, we are granting it anyay. But to answer your question, if you have it, go ahead & submit it. It helps your claim & it helps the rater by providing more info to enable us to grant.

ok, thanks.

you are a rater? i'll be honest. that makes me nervous, real nervous, just like the closer i get walking up to any VA.

appreciate the help though.

Yes, but I'm a friendly rater ;) And dont let the VA intimidate u. Remember, the ppl that work there have to eat sleep & pee just like u do, so don't let them intimidate you.

ok, thanks.

you are a rater? i'll be honest. that makes me nervous, real nervous, just like the closer i get walking up to any VA.

appreciate the help though.