Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed

Rate this question

godeep

Question

Did my daily login to eBenefits a few minutes ago and found that my claim closed today after having been in notification for 4 days. I filed 8/18/10, twelve days into the IHD Nehmer box. It wasn't a complicated claim, just 5 issues and a claim for TDIU (quit my job as a golf professional 12/12/10 due to physical problems:

1. DMII

2. Peripheral Artery Disease (post iliofemoral bypass)

3. Peripheral Neuropathy

4. PTSD

5. IHD

I'm amazed that it went as fast as it did. I used a county VSO, but I developed the claim entirely on my own. It'll be interesting to see how I'm rated. All the issues save for the IHD had been in rating review since 12/2/10.

In your experience, what is the time frame from this point? I know today is a federal holiday, and my credit union is closed, but it looks like all that's left is for the SOC to arrive in the mailbox and the DD put in the bank. What say y'all??

Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?

GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC

near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

godeep,

I believe when rated at 90 percent an additional 80 percent would be needed

to reach 100 percent scheduler.

Actually, 70% would get me to 95.something, but all I really care about is how this rating affects my SSDI case. I'm not getting anything more from the VA.

near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

other than what was said i have no suggestions,. Not sure how the VA rating will affect your SSDI, though i would think they do their own exam to make their determination, no?

Actually, 70% would get me to 95.something, but all I really care about is how this rating affects my SSDI case. I'm not getting anything more from the VA.

Question for godeep:

Your rating was posted as :

PTSD - %50

IHD - %30

PAD - %20 & %20

PN - %10 & %10

SMC-K $96

90% TDIU - P&T

I have similiar situation regarding PAD as direct consequence of IHD in an IMO I got some time ago.

Do I understand they made 2 separate PAD awards and then the 2 separate PN awards?

Was this all involving solely your lower extremeties?

Thanks.

Although the new IHD regs rule out PAD if it is claimed alone-it can be directly SCed as consequence of IHD with medical evidence (just like the PN)as your award shows.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

other than what was said i have no suggestions,. Not sure how the VA rating will affect your SSDI, though i would think they do their own exam to make their determination, no?

I think it's a five stage process. If you fit into any of their disability parameters at stage three, you are awarded automatically. I've got a lot of issues that I've filed for, but the one that should seal it is the ABI's of 0.5. I just did a nuclear heart test for the IHD, and have another heart workup scheduled for the 10th, so those reports should help as well.

Question for godeep:

Your rating was posted as :

PTSD - %50

IHD - %30

PAD - %20 & %20

PN - %10 & %10

SMC-K $96

90% TDIU - P&T

I have similiar situation regarding PAD as direct consequence of IHD in an IMO I got some time ago.

Do I understand they made 2 separate PAD awards and then the 2 separate PN awards?

Was this all involving solely your lower extremeties?

Thanks.

Although the new IHD regs rule out PAD if it is claimed alone-it can be directly SCed as consequence of IHD with medical evidence (just like the PN)as your award shows.

Hi Berta!

Yes, the PAD was adjudicated separately from the PN under Arteriosclerosis Obliterans, Secondary to DMII. Both involved bilateral combining. Here is the VA CFR on Arteriosclerosis Obliterans:

CFR 4.104-12 which I'll quote in part:<br style=min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">7114 Arteriosclerosis obliterans: <br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Ischemic limb pain at rest, and; either deep ischemic ulcers or ankle/<br style="min-width: 0px; ">brachial index of 0.4 or less 100 (percent disabilty rating)<br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Claudication on walking less than 25 yards on a level grade at 2 miles <br style="min-width: 0px; ">per hour, and; either persistent coldness of the extremity or ankle/<br style="min-width: 0px; ">brachial index of 0.5 or less 60 (percent disabilty rating)<br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Claudication on walking between 25 and 100 yards on a level grade at <br style="min-width: 0px; ">2 miles per hour, and; trophic changes (thin skin, absence of hair, <br style="min-width: 0px; ">dystrophic nails) or ankle/brachial index of 0.7 or less 40 (percent disabilty rating)<br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Claudication on walking more than 100 yards, and; diminished peripheral <br style="min-width: 0px; ">pulses or ankle/brachial index of 0.9 or less 20 (percent disabilty rating)<br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Note 1: The ankle/brachial index is the ratio of the systolic blood pressure at the ankle (determined by Doppler study) divided by the simultaneous brachial artery systolic blood pressure. The normal index is 1.0 or greater. <br style="min-width: 0px; ">Note 2: Evaluate residuals of aortic and large arterial bypass surgery or arterial graft as arteriosclerosis obliterans. <br style="min-width: 0px; ">Note 3: These evaluations are for involvement of a single extremity. If more than one extremity is affected, evaluate each extremity separately and combine (under §4.25), using the bilateral factor (§4.26), if applicable. <br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Here's a link to the VA CFR 38 Book C Cardiovascular rating information:http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html#i<br style="min-width: 0px; ">

Whoa!