VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P And T

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I am rated at 100% Sc with three claims rated above 40% each. I filed for SSD with no word back yet, I received my initial claim Feb 2011. What do I need to do to file for P and T? I tried working after I retired from the military however I was only able to last for two weeks. My initial VA appt is next month (June) however I am seeing numerous Speciality Civilian Dr's because of my ongoing problems of which several have recommened Surgery for my Lower Back, however for me that is not an option. I would rather live with the pain versus getting cut on again. I take several medications a day of which one is a hydraMorphine pill (Exalgo), that pill in itself is a pill from LA la land, combine that with Zoloft and I am a walking Zombie. Advice needed for applying for T and P?

Thanks

Vet2010

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You could consider asking one of the specialty doctors (or all of them) for IMOs that conform to the IMO criteria here and that would support P & T status on your rating.

I dont know if they would charge a fee for that or not.

I paid 5,750 for 3 IMos. Got a partial refund on the last one because the others awarded my claim as I waited for a cardio IMO.

That doesn't mean if they charge you,the fee would be that high.Some here have [aid very little for IMos and I even got a brief freeby from a former VA neuro.

The BVA gave the freeby as much weight as the other evidence.

I felt in my case it was worth it to pay for the IMOs I got.They not only helped award I got last year, I used them again for my AO IHD claim.

Edited by Berta