Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean ?

Rate this question

jlshand

Question

Berta or anyone. I got my award letter today and I am qualified for I.U as far as the numbers are concerned. They didnt include forms to apply for I.U but I know I can get them easily enough. My question has to do with the following. In the part of the letter where they are explaining their decision point by point, when they come to number 8 "Entitlement to individual unemployability" It reads " the issue of whether or not the veteran is entitled to Individual Unemployability is deferred for the following: veteran's claim assistance letter.

Anybody know specifically what is meant by "veterans claims assistance letter" ?????

I have been SSDI for heart problems the VA agrees are DM11 caused, so I havent worked in four years. Seems like the I.U should be a slam dunk but this terminology "veterans claims assistance letter" has me confused.

I also thought I'd read that when you are at a certain disability level as they have granted, they are required to suggest what other help you may be qualified for (as in I.U) but no mention or forms other than the number 8 refferred above.

Thanks

Edited by jlshand

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was wondering about the laptop. What if that guy was going to get fired anyway and just told those guys that it was stolen, just to get back at the VA. When the huge uproar happened he had someone return it. I cant believe anyone that stole it would just not even look at it, or at least wipe it if they were stealing it to sell. What if it was just a campaign to give credit to our executive branch at how fast they were intending to act upon this and get support from veterans across the U.S. We have had worse things happen in our history as a nation that were not on the up and up just to win votes or establish a trend to put into place more laws that make it harder for everyday people like myself to even get a copy of my records, or credit report. This showed that our people were on the ball and took action and were able to get the job done to find that missing laptop and to make sure that it was not tainted or corrupted by people that would use it for their illicit needs.

Tower, IMHO, your theory is just a little too far-fetched-*6-+-

Tower, IMHO, your theory is just a little too far-fetched-*6-+-

LOL yeah i know which makes it even more interesting. Just a different spin on a current event. Im sure when water gate happened no one wanted to believe it LOL

Guest frank

Only my opinion. Anytime you are in a position that you can personally take any info you have on your claim personally to the RO, you are much better off doing so. If you mail it in, it can sit in the mailroom forever before it is sent to the intended area. There is tons of mail which, I have been told, that comes into the RO everyday that someone has to sort through. Imagine the time it takes and the lag time in getting your info where you need it to go. Another way to slow your claim process up. Again, I would personally take it to the RO if at all possible.

We have gone to the RO before and told them we had questions on my husbands claim and needed to speak to someone on it. When we gave them information which needed to be included in his claim, they took the information and said that they would take it straight upstairs and give it to the person working my husbands claim. They also answered any questions we had. Did this help in anyway? Don't know, but I can't see where it hurt either.

mssoup1i would never go to va i fax mine, i get a conformation, and it,s there in 2 mims

see if you can get thrir fax, save you time and gas money frank

Frank,

Thanks for your reply. I think we are currently through, at this time, working with the RO. My husband was given his 100% TDIU, P & T recently, so I will be leaving the system alone and not clogging it up so other veterans will have a chance of getting their claims through quicker.

There are a few claims outstanding that I feel we would have a good chance at getting approved, but they would make no difference in what he is getting now and would do no good in clogging up the system. If the claim was for something that could essentially be life threatening, then I would then work on that, otherwise, I am through. I have been at this for so many years that it is like a huge burden has been lifted off of my shoulders and I can finally get some rest on this issue.

I agree with you that faxing your infomation is another good way of getting it to the RO. The only problem I had with doing that was that I had a lot of information to give to them, therefore, it was just as easy for us to take it directly to the RO. We have a RO locally, so it was not an issue for us. I was also able to put it directly in the hands of someone and have it date stamped. If I had a question, I was also able to ask it while I was there.

mssoup1