VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Needed With Example Of P%t Letter

Rate this question

Tired of fighting red tape

Question

I went and send my Nuerosurgeon today and he did his Xrays on my 3 Level Lumbar fusion and the bones are growing fine but the arthritis is still a problem and I have Stenosis which I am SC for Bilaterally. I asked him if he could give me his opinion on my SC Back and in his opinion was I P&T. I explained the VA is really hard on the way a letter is written up. He put in my notes that since my Injury to my back while on active duty and the resulting 3 operations I am disabled P&T.

I asked him if I could get a letter from him and he said yes but what facts should the letter contain? I am SC for a total of 90% with just 40% for my back they lowballed me of course and my total is 90% but you never know with the VA. My surgeon has all of my SMR and has written two letters about my back but I have no idea as to how it has to written. I told him I would look around and see what I needed. I have a C/P exam coming up in June so I have some time but really needed some of you who have had to send in these letters. Thanks and I appriciate any examples or links.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

He needs to follow the Criteria in our IMO forum here.

I wrote this criteria based on 2 IMOs I received from a former VA doctor.

He knew exactly what bases to cover and how to prepare 2 superb IMOs.

I prepared a cover letter for each IMO with references to specific records and documents he needed and I tabbed them . he certainly went through every bit of the record but the cover letter explained where my proof was.

He also used past C & P exam results and my past SOCs and SSOCs.

IMO doctors need all available medical records etc in order to cover every possible base on IMOs.

They also need to fully understand what you are claiming with the VA and what their opinion must focus on.

Thanks I understand like an SOC laying out the facts down the line. My Nuerosurgeon said he would write it to include my SMR and his diagnosis of my back and the stages or degrees that my back went down health wise. I will run by and pick the letter up Tuesday I think that was all the VA was waiting on to get on with my Claim for P&T Shoot they will probally deny me but oh well. Thanks I will check out the IMO forum. I will e mail his nurse so she can submit it to him. Again have a good day and thanks

He needs to follow the Criteria in our IMO forum here.

I wrote this criteria based on 2 IMOs I received from a former VA doctor.

He knew exactly what bases to cover and how to prepare 2 superb IMOs.

I prepared a cover letter for each IMO with references to specific records and documents he needed and I tabbed them . he certainly went through every bit of the record but the cover letter explained where my proof was.

He also used past C & P exam results and my past SOCs and SSOCs.

IMO doctors need all available medical records etc in order to cover every possible base on IMOs.

They also need to fully understand what you are claiming with the VA and what their opinion must focus on.