Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Timeline

Rate this question

JT24usn

Question

I am trying to figure out how to cut some corners on my timeline for appeal. I figured I would Leda matter the first appeal for my gallbladder removal. Mybe deal with that one was

I was denied, asked for dro review. Got a letter from a va dr stating symptomology was

Likely as not the same as cholcystits (had gallbladder removed about nine mos after svc). I

Sent that letter in with a statement saying I had nomfurther evidence to submit. Well, iris' another 4138 and a year and some change later I am granted 10%. What makes me mad is that the letter that was needed was sitting in the folder all that time. I was told that told that they have a docket numbers on file and that mine just took that long to come up. Imam not trying to cut in front of other vets who have waited longer but am curious why the files aren't screened. I read the decision, saw why I was denied, got the letter from a va dr that negated the earlier decision, why the wait?

I am getting ready to step back into the ring again, this time for NAFLD secondary to my 20% meckels diverticulum with dumping syndrome (small bowel resection). With the dumping syndrome i am not absorbing what I should be and fat is storin up in my liver.

Causes of fatty Liver: obesity, hyperlipidemia, and dm

My weight is fine (no dr has made mention of it in past 9yrs since surgery

Triglycerides are slightly high 200 (150 normal range). Again no dr has been concerned.

Imam actually hypoglycemic (ha1c has not been higher than 3.2).

I have appealed the issue because the c&p examiner made generalized statements (meaning people not the veterans cause). Dr said causes are obesity dm and hyperlipidemia. Not the veterans NAFLD is less likely as not caused by meckel's diverticulum.

Berta has been quite Helpful. Hoping others will be too.

1. How can i change the word play on va examiner

2. Is there away to speed up the process. Imdont want my claim sitting there with the answers in the file waiting formmy docket number to come uP.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

C&P:

"fatty liver was less likely as not (less than 50/50 probability) permanently aggravated by Meckel's Diverticulum with dumping syndrome.

Rationale for opinion given: There is no clear causal relationship between a meckel's diverticulum and a fatty liver. The latter is caued primarily by obesity, hyperlipidemia, and type II diabetes. A more specific, histological condition known as non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) has occasionally been associated with extensive small bowel resection. This veteran likely had only a small length of small bowel resected, so that even if he were found to have NASH, is seems unlikely that his Meckel's Diverticulum would have been responsible for its development. I do not have access to the pathology report from the veteran's small bowel resection but I conclude from the medical records which are available that there is no evidence of tumor or malignancy."

they wil not speed up the damned appeal, I suffer greatly for pancreas disease and can die at any time if I get another infection,, but they are not going to help me, and speed anything up...

if anyone does get a fire lit under their slow asses due to failing health,, I would like to know how,, and good luck on that..

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg